cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 ANDROID TO CE ISSUE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Convert between CE based and Android based software migrate DX devices to CE software for DX70 and DX80 dated 2016 JUNE (CE8.2)

I have my DX80 connected to the internet.

I followed the procedure outlined on page 10 of the procedure.

I verified via PING to the TFTP server 128.107.1.157.

I entered the IP Address in TFTP server 1 window and erase the trust files as directed.

Then in Step four it say the DX will restart and the upgrade will commence ...?

The DX80 does not restart??? 

Please advise if anything else to do.  OH I did perform a manual restart but still no indication the upgrade is running .???

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx80-dx70-convert-between-CE-android-based-software.pdf

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Factory reset the DX80 and attempt the upgrade again via Cloud upgrader tool.

Hi Shashank,

Is it mandatory to upgrade the phone to 10.2(5.207) before attempting the cloud upgrader tool?

Yes, you should be running 10.2(5.207) before you attempt to migrate to CE software.

you can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx80-dx70-convert-between-CE-android-based-software.pdf

regds,

aman

Hi Patrick

we have only one requirement in DX80 ,we want all contacts to be displayed in the Contact List, it should come automatically when ever any user is connected to DX80. Can anyone please advice..

Also it would be great if anyone can tell me the difference between DX80 android version VS. Cisco version.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had the same issue, just entering the TFTP address and erasing the trust files from anything but a factory reset didn't work, I had to factory reset the endpoint and then enter the TFTP address for it to work. When prompted, erase all trust files, the screen should go black after you enter the TFTP address etc, after a period of time it should eventually start downloading the upgrade, you can check the status page to see if it's upgrading.

As an alternative, you could download the Android to CE software files and perform the upgrade via TFTP yourself instead of using the Cloud Upgrafe Tool. 

Patrick,

I have tried multiple times doing a factory reset. 

The system prompts me for the TFTP Server IP.  I enter it and then it sends me to the configuration pages i.e. email, contact, etc and I skip all those pages and then go to settings and more then TFTP server1 and see the IP and then select it and get the Trust and select erase and then as before ... nothing .. system just sits there ...

So what I did was down load the 440 MEG from CISCO downloads:  cmterm-dx80-ce280-208-rel-no-defaults.cop.sgn  

I then set a static IP on the same subnetmask as the laptop and trying to TFTP the file but the DX is looking for another name???  What is the destination folder I need to set on the TFTP server???  

Chet Cronin

Is the DX currently running 10.2(5.207) or later, as that is a requirement?

You should factory reset, and after it restarts, skip all the getting started options and go into the settings. Once in the settings, then enter the TFTP address and erase the trust lists. I always entered the TFTP address from the settings page, never from the getting started pages.

The COP file you list in your post is to migrate from CE back to Android, you want "cmterm-synergy-ce8_2_1_no_defaults.cop.sgn" to go from Android to CE. You'll need to create a config file based on the MAC address of the DX that will tell it to download the loads file so it can upgrade. The procedure is similar to the one in this document: Upgrade Firmware with 3rd Party TFTP Server (TFPD32). 

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

In case anyone else runs across this thread, having the DX on 10.2(5.207) prior to converting to CE using upgrade.cisco.com is no longer a requirement.  

"DX endpoints running older Android versions will automatically be upgraded to version 10-2-5-212 before being converted to CE. There is no minium Android version required for a DX70 or DX80 to use this service."

http://upgrade.cisco.com/DX 

thanks for sharing[+5].

regds,

aman

carla.ecklin
Level 1
Level 1

I much easier way to do it is by Cloud Upgrader

http://upgrade.cisco.com/DX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: