Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge 95 MXP restart

Valentin Ichim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an Edge 95 MXP with a strange behaviour. It restarts every 2-3 minutes. Between restarts, it works normally ( calls, web access,etc ).

We performed a factory default and eee with no change in behaviour.Software version is F9.0.1. We could not upgrade it to the last version due to restart.

The boot sequence doesn't indicate problems :

System boot.

Hardware Serial No: xxxxxxxxx

ResetPendingCount: Warning, PendingCount was 1

NAMI or unknown audio module connected

ResetPendingCount: Warning, PendingCount was 1

NTP: Not configured

WaBreak ?

Loading (#1) ... OK

Running F9.0.1 PAL, 2010-09-28, s50000

Parameter EEPROM: Available=15584 bytes, Used 13801 bytes, Overrun=0 bytes

Initializing entropy pool...

Storing entropy pool initializer...

Loading video... OK

Verifying signature on running software... OK

Loading audio... OK

fsm_openInterprocessorCommDevs: could not open 3 streams

System boot.

Could we try anything else before RMA ?

Thank you!

13 Replies 13

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Valentin,

What all devices are connected to the codec,

try taking a serial log in with no other cable connected to the codec.

As you have initiated the Factory defaults , other wise we could have tried a software swap

Selectsw

when you performed teh factory defualts did that reset the codec or it rebooted with the same Ip address and config

if there is no other image available after selectsw i would suggest to perform another factory reset

If you have a spare power supply try using that if that makes any differnece.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Hi Ravi,

We performed eee command. That means factory default, erase the config,etc

We put manually the option keys and small config ( we follow the wizard procedure ).

We tried different power supply and we try to boot with no peripherals ( just the codec connected to PC by serial ).

The codec reboot after 1:50 min ( only reboot, it preserves the IP and config ).

Hi,

can we see the eventlog?

Hi ,

Please find attached the event.log

There is only one software release on codec so I could not revert to other release.

Does it reboot when it is in a call only?  or when it is not in a call?

If you try to remove the camera and camera cable, does it reboot?

Hi Teck,

The codec reboots when it is in or not in the call, with all cable connected or without it ( just the serial and power ).

looks like the CPU usage is very high. Could be a hardware related issue since it reboots even when not in a call and when nothing else is connected.

There are a lot of archived cases on this boot issue and each case I looked at ended up as an RMA since the factory default and the boot break did not work. The selectsw did not work either, I mean you can try this but it seems to be a waste of time if you look into the previuos cases on this issue, but might be worth trying anyway. These are old instructions so replace hyper terminal with something else like Teraterm or something. 

1. Connect the system using RS232 serial cable.. Open a HyperTerminal (windows std. app) and connect
at the correct port @ 9600baud
2. Then switch ON the system and break the boot sequence using the "ctrl+Break" key.
3. when you see the "$" sign, ( You will get information "Loading (#2) or Loading (#1)
4. Then run command "selectsw 1" or "selectsw 2" ( depends up booting image if it is booting from #1
then type selectsw2  then it will boot from other image & if it is booting from #2 then selectsw1 )

1. Connect the RS232 serial cable to the unit
2. Open a HyperTerminal (windows std. app) and connect at the correct port @ 9600baud
3. Reboot the codec
4. Hit CTRL + BREAK when the codec starts
5. Wait for the $-sign and type 'EEE' and Enter
6. Wait for the system to be reset
7. Reboot system

/Magnus

Looks like a hardware problem. this is from your eventlog, after first system startup, see the memory address:

HeapStart  TotalSize    Unused  Blocks       Gets   Releases   MaxFree Freelist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0x11d7ac60  36197280   2335784    9415      91474      82059   1443932        1

0x11bfac60   1572864    870832     151        229         78    868996       10

next time rebooted started from the same memory stack address:

HeapStart  TotalSize    Unused  Blocks       Gets   Releases   MaxFree Freelist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0x11d7ac60  36197280   2337716    9407      85668      76261   1445864        1

0x11bfac60   1572864    870552     154        203         49    868716       10

Now after cyclic reboot:

DRAM base: 0x50000000

MMIO base: 0x54000000

the address keeps on incrementing:

DRAM base: 0x70000000

MMIO base: 0x78000000

Hi Valentin,

want to confirm few things

1) Are you accessing the codec via telnet/SSh or serial log in

2) If serial log in please assign a static ip to the codec and connect it directly to the Laptop on the same subnet.

you can use a cross over cable or straight cable now with the newer laptops.

3) after you performed the factroy reset eee what all config was stored to the codec if any other details apart form ip , subnet ,gateway then i request you to perform another reset and put the 3 things only and monitor.

4) i want to make sure this reboot is not happening due to be on the network

in terms of eventlog  i am not very sure of this log

externalmanager: Could not connect to URL. Registration failed, cause: 1

and

*** At 138500 msec:

SW invoked exit(1)

Exit called from:

HISR: SysTime

138500 is equivalent to around 2 minutes.

i may not be 100% correct with teh explanation hence waiting for Teck to comment upon

Thanks

Ravi kr

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

can you check selectsw?

switch to the other image, by selectsw image2, if image1 is active. this may resolve the issue and then try to upgrade to latest version.

Hi,

Is it any possibility to install a new software through serial connection?

It is not enough time for this using a the web interface.

I could send the latest release file to the codec through serial, but I guess this is just only a file transfer.

Hi, Valentin

i've discoverd that same problem on my edge 95, but after we upgrading that device still show a same problems.