cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End Call Prompt

Michael Souders
Level 1
Level 1

The mxp series has an End Call pop up so if you hit the hang up button by mistake you have the option to cancel and stay connected.  The C-Series and newer systems don't have that feature.  Not sure why it was left out.  How do we get that feature added?

Thanks.

Mike

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should contact your Account Manager and submit a feature request if this is something you want added.  It won't be added to for the TC based endpoints, ie: C Series for example, because TC software is in maintenance mode and only bug fixes are being performed with no new features being added.  However, it could be possible for it to be added to CE software for the current line of endpoints if there is enough interest.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Personally, I prefer the newer behaviour.  I want it to hang up when I click the hang up button, and not have to press the button twice.  That's the same behaviour as a mobile phone, or other telephony device - no "are you sure" prompt when hanging up a call on a telephone.  If you occidentally hang up your TelePresence endpoint, then do the same as you would if you were on a phone - dial back again - it's not that difficult.

But, as [@patrick.sparkman] wrote, if you have a feature suggestion, your best way to get it considered is to log a feature request through your local Cisco Account Manager.  I'd just hope, that if this feature gets implemented, that there's an option to turn it off to allow the current behaviour.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I already alerted my account manager about it.  Our customers do not dial calls and we've had them hang up prematurely here and there.  I'm all for the on/off option.  That is often overlooked.

Thanks.

Mike