Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enforce CMS licenses?

Hi there,

As far as I can see, it is not possible to enforce the license limits with CMS, so nothing  prevents my users from starting more calls than the license allows.

Adding to that, a single SMP license allows either 1 concurrent call or 6 concurrent gateway calls, that again seems impossible to enforce.

I know I can monitor the usage via API, but there no ready made tool to make something of it, and when it shows something above the license limit the damage is already done.

So, my questions are:

- How are you managing CMS licensing to ensure you stay in compliance with license?

- Is there any method I missed that allows me to setup CMS to enforce the license limits?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi,

you can use the parameter callsWithoutPersonalLicense on API object /system/multipartyLicensing.

If the calls are on a cluster of Call Bridges then use the parameter weightedCallsWithoutPersonalLicense on API object /system/multipartyLicensing for each Call Bridge in the cluster.

The sum of weightedCallsWithoutPersonalLicense across the cluster matches the number of distinct calls on the cluster which require an SMP Plus license.

Regards,

Shalid

I'm aware that I can use those API endpoints to monitor the usage, but how to enforce it?

That's the question.