Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway CPL Script to Change Source URI

I am trying to write a CPL script to change the source URI for outgoing video calls originating from Call Manager.  We are running Expressway 14.0.8.  I also looked at some older posts, and those examples didn't seem to work either, and I am not for sure if anything changed in newer versions.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  This is the script I am currently using, but it is not changing the source URI.  I swapped out the actual domains and just noted if I used the internal or external domain.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cpl xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:taa="http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl">
<taa:routed>
<taa:rule-switch>
<taa:rule destination=".*" origin="(.*)@INTERNALDOMAIN.local">
<taa:location source-url-for-message-replace="\1@INTERNALDOMAIN.local" source-url-for-message-regex="(.*)@EXTERNALDOMAIN.com" replace="\1" regex="(.*)" clear="yes">
<taa:proxy/>
</taa:location>
</taa:rule>
</taa:rule-switch>
</taa:routed>
</cpl> 

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
the rule looks good, I have the same rule in my notes.
The only thing could be, that the rule is not matching (for whatever reason). One reason could be, that after the domain part, there are further parameters and therefore the rule doesn't match.
E.g. test@internal.domain;transport=tls
In this case, your rule would look something like this: <taa:rule destination=".*" origin="(.*)@INTERNALDOMAIN.local(.*)">

Have you checked a call with the "locate" tool (Maintenance --> Tools --> Locate) in Expressway and see what happens?

What you also can try is to work with Transforms (Configuration --> Dial plan --> Transforms), as they are GUI based an there for quicker and easier to configure, than CPL rules.

Transforms are applied at the very beginning, when a call hits the Expressway.

Unbenannt.PNG

b.winter
VIP
VIP

@Brandon Browning any update here? Or just a dead post?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: