Views
Helpful
Replies

Generate a New Certificate on a Cisco SX-80

albertlatshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco sx80 that has a expired certificate on it. When I logon to the administration manager and go to security and look at the current expired certificate the delete button is grayed out for me.. 

I am looking to regenerate CSR for certificate ... A reboot does not work on this... 

Any help would be awesome. 

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I think, you cannot regenerate a self-signed certificate on the endpoint itself.
Either try to factory reset the endpoint, or generate a new certificate and private key and install them on the endpoint.

On the other hand:
If you don't use encrypted communication (e.g. SIP/TLS) then you don't need a valid certificate.
Just the browser will display you a error message, when opening the Web-GUI of the endpoint.

Other then Factory reset how would you generate a new certificate if the administration section doesn't give you the option to? The STIG calls for a updated signed certificate.

We do use encrypted comms 

Nobody said, that you need to do it on the endpoint. Ever heard of OpenSSL? Or just let your internal CA generate a Cert / private key.
But anyway, in the other thread, you have all the solutions available from the endpoint's perspective

AFAIK a reboot will help you generate the expired certificate.

Response Signature