Views
Helpful
Replies

Ghost Calls on Tandberg E20

njovanovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Our Customers have the Problem, because they have public IPs, they get some kind of "Ghost Calls" on they Telepresence Devices.

On the C-Series System we get it off with the SIP Listenport Off and SIP Outbound ON.

But a Tandberg E20 Device does not have the Setting: SIP Listenport.

Do some can Support me how to get this "Ghost Calls" under Controll on E20 Devices?

Many thanks,

Nick

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

This is a very well known issue and is happening with both SIP and H.323 calls, i.e. see https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12340591/nuisance-h323-calls-sx20 - nothing much you can do as long as these systems have a public IP address apart from either turning off auto-answer if possible or leaving them turned off between use.

Best would be to put them on private IP addresses behind a VCS etc, or at least behind a firewall - or both.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

We have an E20 out on the public internet that is registered to our VCS.  The equivalent of the SIP ListenPort for the TC Software based codecs on the E20 is CallScreening.

xConfiguration SIP Profile [#] CallScreening

CallScreening will make the E20 deny any incoming call that isn't routed through it's proxy, or SIP registrar, such as the VCS.  I've enabled that and our E20 hasn't gotten any random calls since then, before it was getting SIP calls all the time.

Hi Patrick,

Many thanks for your solution suggestions. I will try this on the E20 and hope it helps.

Hi Jens,

Thanks also to you for your suggestions. I will try Patricks solution and if it not work, it is true, no other way as to take it away from public IP.

Many thanks

Nick