cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide TCS blackscreen when recording in a PMP environment (through a Personal CMR)

Hello folks,

I have a question regarding the possibility and eventually how to hide "TCS" as a participant in a personal CMR.

We have a deployment comprising of CUCM 11, TCS 6.2, TMS 15.1 with TMSPE 1.6, Conductor 4.1 and vTS 4.2. The users have multiple Jabber users as well as one SX20 codec. The Multiparty is licensed with PMP.

I have succeeded to set up the Personal CMR of a user and assign it a numeric ID as well add an auto-connected participant which is TCS SIP URI.

When the CMR is created and a participant joins, the TCS gets in successfully. However, the TCS is shown as a participant and has a blackscreen and this fact is annoying since every participant gets a blackscreen among with the other participants video.

In contrast, when I configure a Rendez-vous conference directly on Conductor which consumes an SMP, we can add an auto dialed participant and set it as a recording device. With this configuration we successfully eliminate the black screen and instead a red circle is shown on the CMR which is the correct behaviour that we should expect. Unfortunately we can't add TCS as recording device to a Personal CMR from Conductor since the templated are provisioned through API from TMSPE.

My question is : How can we configure TCS as recording device in a Personal CMR with PMP and thus get a red circle or at least hide the annoying blackscreen ? It just matters mainly for a Personal CMR. (adhoc conferences are secondary)

Is there anybody who managed to hide TCS screen in a PMP environment ? 

Why the behaviour of adding TCS differs from SMP (through Conductor) to PMP (through TMSPE) ?

Thank you in advance for your input.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no way to do hide the TCS recording screen and have a recording icon appear instead when using PMP, the only methods are:

• Schedule conference through TMS, selecting a TCS alias from the recording drop down.
  • Setup a Conductor auto-dialed participant and select the "recording device" advanced parameter.

With PMP, for example someone's CMR, TMSPE doens't provide the ability to define auto-dialed connections as a recording device, so there is no way to tell Conductor.  If this is something you'd like to be able to do, you should contact your Account Manager and submit a feature request.