cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can i rotate participant on main screen in sx20 ?

vc-support
Level 1
Level 1

we are use the SX20 talepresens codec , MCU(53xx searis) , and gatekeeper for Video Conference.

The one chair person is speaker and other participant are listener in VC.

I want to configure for Chair person codec so , he/she can see the all participant one by one.

if possible share the snaps for configuration.

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'd adjust the layouts on the MCU to do, but need to know a little bit more about how you want the layouts to look.

Are you trying to have the chair person see everyone in a in a continuous presence layout (aka hollywood squares), and what would you like the other non-speaking participants to see?

yes , The Chair Person can see in continuous presence of all participant, and the non-speaking participant see only the speaker.

MCU product series has an "Automatic Lecture Mode" that will give you the layout you want for both chair and guest participants automatically, whoever the active speaker is will see everyone, while those no speaking will see only the active speaker fullscreen.  It's a conference level setting, and you can define the amount of time someone needs to speak before switching to become the active speaker.  See the MCU 5300 Online Printable Help, pgs 26 and 34.

Thanks for suggestion,

I had try the "Automatic Lecture Mode" as you suggested,select TYPE 1 & also TYPE 2, I had on the one Mic (Chair person) and off other participant's MIC, but since i can't get solution , kindly suggest solution. 

If you started talking as the chair person and your mic was turned on, while the others were turned off.  You didn't see everyone on the screen as the chair, and everyone else didn't see you fullscreen?

We use automatic lecture mode all the time, and it works without issue for us, we use Type 1.

yes , i turn on my mic so i m chair person , other participant have turn off the mic , they can see me in full screen , but i can't see all of them next by next ( In rotation ).

Automatic lecture mode is the closest you can get, as it doesn't rotate the non-speaking participants,  you can only see them all at once when you're the speaker.

The only way to get rolling panes is to edit the conference wide layout, using Custom layout > Pane placement.  However, that will affect the entire conference, including the speaker.

thanks for replay ,

ok ,that means automatic lecture mode is not working for me.

now , how to configure for ' Custom layout > Pane placement ' , in MCU for rotation , pls explain in deep.

If want a layout with rolling panes, you'll go into the conference on your MCU and select Custom layout > Pane placement, and set the layout you like for the conference and use a rolling pane for the pane you want in the layout you chose.  Note this will affect the entire conference and everyone will see this same layout.  With that said, I don't think there is a way to get exactly what you want, which is a single screen of the active speaker for the non-speaking participants, and a single rolling pane of the non-speaking participants that the active speaker see.