cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I point a Public IP address to my Tandberg Unit?

gil.guevara
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day   - will someone direct my on the best way to point one of my public IP address to my Tandberg unit.  It currently sits in my network, I can call out to public IPs but I would like others to call me.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Garvan Long
Level 1
Level 1

The fact that you have outbound working would indicate that your NAT device ( Firewall/ router) has H323/SIP awarness. To enalbe inbound calling you will need to create a 1 to 1 static NAT mapping on your firewall  for a public IP address mapped to you internal address of you VC unit for the ports required for video conferencing.

There are two support docuements on the Tanderg site for Tandberg & H323 and Tandberg and SIP that detail the ports that need to be allowed.

View solution in original post

The only configuration you might require on the Tandberg is to configre the public IP address as the NAT adderess under the H323 advanced configuration.

The majority of the configuraration is required on your NAT device ( Router or Firewall).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Garvan Long
Level 1
Level 1

The fact that you have outbound working would indicate that your NAT device ( Firewall/ router) has H323/SIP awarness. To enalbe inbound calling you will need to create a 1 to 1 static NAT mapping on your firewall  for a public IP address mapped to you internal address of you VC unit for the ports required for video conferencing.

There are two support docuements on the Tanderg site for Tandberg & H323 and Tandberg and SIP that detail the ports that need to be allowed.

Thanks- but I'm still unclear as to how this is configured on the Tandberg side. How will I direct this public IP to the specific endpoint or can it be shared among many?

also - Can you give me an example on how that would look like in the firewall?

Thanks

I think I founf the doc you are refering to

The only configuration you might require on the Tandberg is to configre the public IP address as the NAT adderess under the H323 advanced configuration.

The majority of the configuraration is required on your NAT device ( Router or Firewall).

Do you mean the vcs or the endpoint?