cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to initiate a video conference with another company

kingpowerepie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi am Kingsley from Cameroon, a final year student in telecommunications. I have been asked to deploy Video Conferencing in the company where am doing my internship.

Since the company just acquired a BE6K, i have designed everything but i have a problem with understanding what is exactly needed for a video conference between my company and another company?

Since there are 22 offices in total spread out among the head office and the company's remote sites, I know for each endpoint, a VCS license worth $650 dollars right? but what about a B2B call, since i don't know how many of such calls the company is going to make, how do i know how many licenses to buy?

thanks 

6 Replies 6

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kingsley,

What product have you deployed for Video Conferencing? 

-Dejan

we shall be deploying MX700, MX800, MX300 G2 and MX200 G2. We equally want to acquire one MCU 5320. 

So inorder to call another company, i don't know if there any particular license to be bought or terminal to be added?

Thank you, Kingsley.

With this new information, let me move this post to Telepresence community in order to get Telepresence experts' assistance. This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by TP experts.

I hope this will get you the answers you need faster.

-Dejan

Hi so how do i get their answers? Or are you going to let me know what their answers are or even connect me to them directly. Its really urgent.

Hi Kingsley,

Your post is now in Telepresence community and TP experts subscribed to the community can see it. Now, it is up to their availability to respond.

If this is urgent, you may want to reach out to your Cisco Account Team and ask for assistance from Systems Engineer to help you discuss your needs and design requirements, as Support Community answers are provided on voluntary base so getting the answers might take some time.

-Dejan

the cisco african partner here too is unaware, so can you help me reach a Cisco Account Team so i can have their help