Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know current used TMS license

Hi all,

I am testing Jabber for iPad on our TMS.

But I do not know which/how many licenses are currently used on the TMS.

Is there any way to know that?

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

License and actual usage can be check at Administrative Tools > Configuration > General Setting.

• Total Client Solution Package Licenses: xxx
  • Available Client Solution Package Licenses: xxx
  • Total System Licenses: xxx
  • Available System Licenses: xxx
  • Total Provisioning Licenses: xxx
  • Available Provisioning Licenses: xxx
  • Used Provisioning Licenses: xxx

If you are simply looking for number of free system license, this information is available at top portal page (bottom of left windows).

• Total number of systems  xxx
  • Total number of licences  xxx
  • Number of free licences   xxx

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kotaro

Yes, in TMS you can see how many licenses is currently being utilized.

TMS --> Admin tools --> General Settings

/Magnus

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

License and actual usage can be check at Administrative Tools > Configuration > General Setting.

• Total Client Solution Package Licenses: xxx
  • Available Client Solution Package Licenses: xxx
  • Total System Licenses: xxx
  • Available System Licenses: xxx
  • Total Provisioning Licenses: xxx
  • Available Provisioning Licenses: xxx
  • Used Provisioning Licenses: xxx

If you are simply looking for number of free system license, this information is available at top portal page (bottom of left windows).

• Total number of systems  xxx
  • Total number of licences  xxx
  • Number of free licences   xxx

Hi Magnus, Taniguchi-san,

Thank you for your informaion.

I checked the page on our TMS but the items there are different from yours.

Items on our TMS(version 13.2.1) while I dial from Jabber for iPad to MCU are as follows:

Total Client Solution Package Licenses:    0

Available Client Solution Package Licenses:    0

Total System Licenses:    35

Available System Licenses:    31

Available System Licenses (TMS agent):    35

Total Movi Licenses:    25

Available Movi Licenses:    25

It seemed no license was used on the TMS except for System licenses.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

The “Available Movi Licenses: 25”, I assume you have provisioning configuration and valid user but no one currently register on VCS by using provisioning.

You should see like below if you have active Movi registration (example with “1” Movi client registered on VCS).

Idea is “Total Movi Licenses” = “Available Movi Licenses” + “Active Movi account (registered on VCS)”

Hi

The settings are different because you are using TMS Agent Legacy. Me an Tomo are showing an example from TMS Provisioning Extension which is showing this.

Cisco recommends everyone to setup TMS Provisioning Extension. TMS Agent Legacy will be discontinued in one of Cisco's future releases which means that you have to migrate at some point in time anyway if you want to upgrade.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus, Taniguchi-san,

>The “Available Movi Licenses: 25”, I assume you have provisioning  configuration and valid user but no one currently >register on VCS by  using provisioning.

I register my iPad using provisioning.

And when we dial from Movi, "Available Movi Licenses" decreased from 25 to 24.

Does that mean there is any miss configuration for iPad on the TMS?

Or template.xml for Jabber for iPad(I downloaded it from this Support Community) is incorrect?

As for TMSPE, we know the situation.

We are plannning to migrate it.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

What I and Magnus mention is for Jabber Video/Movi behavior.

License utilization on TMS while using Jabber for iPad is bit different (on current release which is “first” release) and what you are experiencing is correct with current implementation so this is not configuration issue.

Hi Taniguchi-san,

OK, then I open SR just in case to see if this is an expected behavior for Jabber for iPad.

Because we exactly have to understand how those licenses are used on TMS to propose to our customers

Thank you for your advices.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Sure, probably best to reach our your Cisco representative SE team rather than TAC (as this is not bug or defect on software).

Please note that the Jabber for iPad application is not following the VCS provisioning spec.

The iPad client does not do keep-alives for the provisioning subscription and this makes a bit different way for license management this point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: