Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect username and password over MRA

luismgallop
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, 

I'm deploying a MRA solution and I'm getting a credentials issue when I'm trying to connect to jabber through Expressway. 

Expressway version is 8.7.1. 

CUCM and IM&P: 10.5.2.12901-1

I already checked that the password and username were correct on my LDAP server. 

Any idea? 

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

try to check the same credentials by logging through self care portal.

regds,

aman

Hi,

this issue is not related to LDAP authentication it look like some UDS and Cuplogin records issue .

Can you please clarify before its working  ?

This is new or old setup ?

I already checked with the self-care portal and it worked. 

This is a new setup.   

I configured in mi internal DNS both srv records _cisco-uds and cuplogin with the following information: 

Priority=10 

Weight=10

Port=8443

SRV Hostname: cucm-name.domain.com (UDS) and imnp-name.domain.com (cuplogin). 

I checked on Expressway C which is solving and getting both srv records. 

I am just guessing : 

We came across Case-sensitive issue with no LDAP being used and Jabber version was 10.5. Finally turned out to be a bug:

Jabber should do case insensitive comparison of username
CSCuu40258
regds,
aman

Ok but in this case my Jabber version is 11.1.2. 

Otherwise I'm having the following message on expressway c Logs: 

2016-05-26T10:08:03-04:00 edgeconfigprovisioning: Level="WARN" Service="ECS" Detail="Request failed" User="('username', 'a.martinez')" Reason="Unable to determine home CUCM - Unknown CUCM cluster for node da-ve-ccs-cucm-sub" UTCTime="2016-05-26 14:08:03,421"

Hey Guys, 

Problem was solved. I did a downgrade to Expressway version from 8.7.1 to 8.7. 

CUCM and IM&P version: 10.5.2.12901-1

Just for your information I did another implementation and everything works fine but in this case the versions were different: 

Expressway: 8.7.1

CUCM and IM&P: 11.0.1.21900

Thanks for you support

One change noted in the X8.7 release notes is that X8.7.1 no longer allows TLS connections to use the RC4 cipher.  X8.7.2 and above will also reject keys with fewer than 1024 bits when doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange.  SO, it could be these issues affecting that particular deployment depending on how your other equipment is configured.

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I configured both SRV records (UDS and cuplogin) on my internal DNS with the following information:

Weight:10
Priority:10
Port:8443
SRV: cucm-name.domain.com (UDS) and imnp-name.domain.com (cuplogin)

I checked on Expressway C which is solving and getting both records.

So what other thing I have to check?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check that your Expressway(s) are also set to proxy the authentication request across their traversal zones back to the authentication source.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.