cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is any impact of changing the local user account password on a VM instance of a Cisco TelePresence Content Server?

rferullo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking to see if there is any impact of changing the local user account password on a virtual machine instance of a Cisco TelePresence Content Server?

Software version is v6.2 Build 4073.

Thank you in advance,

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm going to assume you're referring to the Administrator account, but it can apply to any local account that is on the TCS server itself.  There is no impact to changing the password, unless you use said account to login to the TCS server or web interface, it will not affect the TCS application as most things such as external storage or clustering rely on domain accounts and not the local server accounts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm going to assume you're referring to the Administrator account, but it can apply to any local account that is on the TCS server itself.  There is no impact to changing the password, unless you use said account to login to the TCS server or web interface, it will not affect the TCS application as most things such as external storage or clustering rely on domain accounts and not the local server accounts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: