cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to change the background in TMS?

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

We are woking on migrating from a single instance of TMS 13 to a redundant version of TMS 14 and running both the old and new TMSs concurrently.

In working on the config of the new TMS 14, I have a browser open with one tab for each of the 3 VCSs and I have to contantly check to confirm that I'm in the right TMS.

Is there an easy way to change the background of the portal page or some other part to allow me to easy see what TMS I'm in...

Even after we shut down the old TMS 13, I would like to be able see a visual differance between the Primary TMS 14 in City A and the backup TMS 14 server in City B.

Has anyone else done this or aware of an easy way to accomplish this

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Steven -

What I would do is enable the TMS login banner, that will show a popup message upon login.  This can be configured to what whatever text you'd like.

Administrative Tools > Configuration > General Settings > Enable Login Banner

Enable Login Banner

The text entered here will be displayed to each user when entering Cisco TMS. If the user is inactive for one hour or more and then starts using Cisco TMS, the text will be displayed again. To enable:

1. Select Yes.
  2. Click Edit Login Banner.
  3. Enter the text you want users to see.
  4. Click Save in the Login Banner window.
  5. Click Save on the page.

The login banner will work to identify the two different TMS instances, version 13.x and 14.x while you're setting up the new 14.x instance.

Because both servers in a redudant setup use the same SQL database on the back end, you can't use the login banner to identify each individual TMS server.  What you could do is edit the TMS logo image in the top left to reflect the proper server.  The file is "/tms/styles/default/images/logo.png", however this file might be overwritten whenever the server is updated to a new version of software.