Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Link call trouble

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

I have been banging my head on this one and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Customer has a C20 directly connected to an ISDN Link.  C20 is running TC6.0.1 and the ISDN Link is running 1.1.  The combo is not connected to a network, intended for ISDN only.  The combo was paired using the automatic pairing function.  The BRI lines are reporting Ready on the ISDN Link, and the connection between the C20 and ISDN Link is reporting OK.

When a call is made, the C20 looks like it's making a call, but the destinations that the calls are going to are not receiving them.  The C20 reports the call is connected, but the only thing seen is their camera coming back to them.  It seems like the call is just looping back through the ISDN Link and not actually getting to the ISDN part of the call.

The C20 is configured to use the ISDN Link as its SIP Registrar.  The Default Call is set to H.320.  I've been comparing it to one that is set up similarly, and it seems like its set up correctly.  Could it be the ISDN network connection?  They say a guy came out and verified them, and I asked them if it was with video and they said yes.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still waiting on logs from them, before you ask. 

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

Please check the ISDN link status on web page it should not have any errors for ISDN .

Simple way to check config is to call any audio number from codec so if 1 ISDn line is active then call will get connected .

We can get more detail once you get logs .

hth

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Hey there Dharmesh,

Thanks for the reply.  Logs attached to post.  I'm with you.  My first test calls were audio only, with the results I described above.  The ISDN Link is reporting OK/Ready status for the connection with the C20 and the BRI lines.  I'm not sure if the ISDN portion of the call is actually being built.

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

I have gone through logs and found .

*s ISDN BRI Interface 1 Channel 1 Type: BChannel

*s ISDN BRI Interface 1 Channel 1 Status: Disconnected

*s ISDN BRI Interface 1 Channel 1 Call 2 CauseLocation: 0

*s ISDN BRI Interface 1 Channel 1 Call 2 ChannelCause: 102

Cause No. 102 - Recovery On Timer Expiry

This cause indicates that a procedure has been initiated by the expiry of a timer in association with Q.931 error handling procedures.

Config looks ok and link is showing no error .

*s SystemUnit State Status: OK

*s SystemUnit State StatusCode: OK

*s SystemUnit State StatusText: ""

*s SystemUnit State H320Number: "3103364271"

*s SystemUnit State MaxNumberOfCalls: 3

*s SystemUnit State NumberOfActiveCalls: 0

*s SystemUnit State NumberOfSuspendedCalls: 0

*s SystemUnit State NumberOfInProgressCalls: 0

*s SystemUnit State PairingStatus: "Paired"

*s SystemUnit State PairingStatusText: "Paired with [fe80::250:60ff:fe0d:c42a]"

Lokks like issue from ISDN service provider , Please check with service provider .

hth

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Are you getting incoming calls ?

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Hi Dharmesh,

Thanks for the insight on this.  And no, they are not receiving incoming calls.  I attempted to point this out to them, but they were focused on the hardware.  We are scheduled to do more testing.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: