Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with CMS cluster media link between callbridges

I've got an environment with 2 x CMS Callbridges and a single database server.

Servers are clustered (both callbridge and database) and are in the same Callbridge group.

Calls from CUCM work fine and one of the Callbridges is picked to host a space, but the media link between each CMS fails, giving a log message like this:

remote media link to call bridge "CMS2" failed for call 1c5f5044-1532-4b8e-bfee-4281d7c3c001, coSpace 07e8b499-9d77-43e2-b863-f7243924de44

For CUCM calls, this isn't an issue as the call is just directed to the correct CMS using the Callbridge group, but for WebRTC calls it means a user can't join a space if it's hosted on a different CMS.

Any ideas where to look for the media link failure?  Both Callbridges have heartbeat to each other and the database is in Sync.

CMS version is 2.2.9.

20 Replies 20

How do you have your Call Bridge cluster configured, can you provide a screenshot of Configiration > Cluster. 

It could be that you've configured your Call Bridge cluster to not use a "Peer link SIP domain", which means the Call Bridges will communicate via IP directly.  If this is the case, you can configure your outbound rule similar to:

• Domain: 10.10.10.*
  • SIP proxy to use: <leave blank>
  • Trunk type: Standard SIP

For the domain, the IP is what matches your Call Bridges, the * is a wildcard that will match anything.  So if you have two Call Bridges with 10.10.10.1 and 10.10.10.2, it will match both and allow them to call each other directly.

You only need to enter a proxy address if you're routing the call via your call control (ie: Peer link SIP domain).

Hi at all,

if you have some other outbound rules configured (maybe to you call control) take care of the priorities. That was the last problem i had before the distribution links were set up.

Regards

Sebastian

Great find Wayne! I know when CMS 2.0 was first released under Cisco, I brought the inter-peer dial plan up that it was almost impossible to find, and as you mentioned, the guide just sends you going back and forth between two chapters without any real explanation. Glad they managed to eventually update the guide to reflect what needs to be configured in terms of dial plan for clustered Call Bridges.

cnkysr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all , 

I have the same issue as you. I configure the outbound dial rule with <match all domains> rule with priority 1 to  call control device.

How should the priority ranking be ?

Thanks,

Hi, 

please have a look to the attachment  

Regards

Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian , 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: