Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Expressway MRA and Subdomains

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
MRA Configuration and SubDomain

We have a customer with public domain say example.com. We have two CUCM & IMP Cluster in Our Premises. Now we are using Jabber for Entity-1 in domain example.com from Internal and No MRA From External.

Entity-1

Internal Jabber :- Yes

External Jabber :- No

Jabber Domain :- example.com  

SRV :- _cisco-uds._tcp.example.com ====> CUCM01.example.local

Now we want to enable Jabber MRA for Entity-2 But we cannot use same Domain as it is already used 

Internal Jabber :- Yes

External Jabber :- Yes

Jabber Domain :- ?

External Jabber :- ?

Question here is can we configure the SRV Records as   s1.example.com  so that Entity-1 users will use UserId@example.com and Entity-2 Users will use UserId@S1.example.com as JID.

The Question here is Can we add the SRV Records in External domain 

For Entity-1

_collab-edge._tls.example.com

For Entity-2

_collab-edge._tls.s1.example.com

It is supported? Any One Tried similart setup ?

9 Replies 9

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Any One here can help on this. Just to add We are not able to set the Intercluster Peer between two IM&P as both are in different internal domains.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You CAN use the same domain, just configure ILS to find the home cluster of users for on-prem and/or MRA

Using a sub-domain is also an option, just configure all the required SRVs in the appropriate domain.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@Jaime Valencia,

Good morning sir. I know this thread is old but i want to achieve similar thing.

I want to make use of the subdomain option. There is no separate dns records for both subdomain and main domain.So i want to create host record for the subdomains as follows

Site 1

Host A: h1.sipzon.com

srv record

service: _collab-edge

protocol: _tls

priority: 5

weight: 10

target: h1.sipzon.com

if user of site 1 wants to login,the jabber id will be : user1@h1.sipzon.com

srv record will fail because _collab-edge._tls.h1.sipzon.com does not exist.

what exists is _collab-edge._tls.sipzon.com

Site 2

Host A: h2.sipzon.com

srv record

service: _collab-edge

protocol: _tls

priority: 10

weight: 15

target: h2.sipzon.com

if user of site 2 wants to login,the jabber id will be : user2@h2.sipzon.com

srv record will fail because _collab-edge._tls.h2.sipzon.com does not exist.

what exists is _collab-edge._tls.sipzon.com

what is the best way to achieve it using subdomain option?

If the domain is h1.sipzon.com you’ll need to have a collab edge SRV record in this domain for it to work or you’ll need to set the voice domain configuration record in the Jabber configuration or if you use Webex with CM phone services you’ll need to define a service domain in Control Hub that is set to sipzon.com.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

thanks for the response.can h1.sipzon.com be created as a subdomain the public dns registrar.I contacted some domain providers like bluehost but they say they don't have separate dns records for both subdomain and main domain.

so i want to use A record in place of subdomain .

yes i will set up sipzon.com as the voice service domain.will this prevent the srv look up from failing?

I’m not DNS expert, so I will refrain from commenting on this part.

Yes if you define the voice service domain as discussed it should result in a working service discovery.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger for your kind response.

Hello Roger,

In case I decide to use ILS, will i add all the clusters to the expressway E? can you  sketch a diagram on how integrate ILS with expressway e

The Expressway E does not know anything about ILS. It’s the Expressway C in a MRA setup that knows about the CM’s and uses UDS to query a CM, any can respond, about the users home cluster. This information is distributed across CM cluster that are part of the ILS network.

Response Signature