Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Is it true that we cannot implement in a single cluster (Expressway-E) B2B  and jabber guest at the same time ? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can have Jabber Guest and B2B calling on the same Expressway, it's Jabber Guest and MRA that can't be hosted together.  Take a look at Table 2 in the About the Service Setup Wizard section of the Expressway X8.10 Admin Guide for a list of what features can work together and what can't.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can have Jabber Guest and B2B calling on the same Expressway, it's Jabber Guest and MRA that can't be hosted together.  Take a look at Table 2 in the About the Service Setup Wizard section of the Expressway X8.10 Admin Guide for a list of what features can work together and what can't.

Hi,

Switching from MRA enabled to Jabber Guest , is really hectic ?.

I mean from the configuration perspective . 

If I have jabber guest license  , Do I need to get another expressway license also ? 

Thanks

Hello Patrick,

It has been a long time. I trust you are doing great! I am having some challenges with jabber guest video widget. I am still test it in a lab environment with cucm. 

1. The version 11.1 has the feature of allowing guest callers to enter their name . i have enabled this feature in the jabber guest server but there is no where to enter the name from the client side. However i performed this experiment using the call url below and it showed the name.

"https://jabguest.fuotuoke.edu.ng/call/support?callerName=collins"

This is complex as you need to do it for every guest caller. The essence of the jabber guest is to embed it in a website so that users call click a call link  and video chat with the staff of the company.so users should have a way of entering their name.is there any solution for that?

2. I embeded the jabber guest video widget into the browser but i am finding it difficult to resizs it. I have read the guide on jabberdeveloper.com but its still not working.i cant insert widget in the column for the call uri. The location for widget resize is shown below 

https://jabguest.fuotuoke.edu.ng/call/widget-size.htm

Thank you in anticipation

You can create a web form where the user inputs their name and upon hitting the submit button it builds the Jabber Guest URL with the name they input into the form, for example:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function goToPage() {
        var page = document.getElementById('page').value;
        window.location = "https://jabguest.fuotuoke.edu.ng/call/support?callerName=" + page;
    }
</script>
<input type="text" id="page" />
<input type="submit" value="Call" onclick="goToPage();" />

It's been a few years since I've touched Jabber Guest, and don't have a server to do any type of testing with, but the widget uses an Iframe to embed into web pages, have you tried inserting height and width values in the Iframe?

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your response. I must confess that i am not used to the html code. However ,i have used the script in the example to create  the web form as follows :
1.If a user clicks the  "call button" as shown in the login.html file,it links to jab.htm page that contains the web form. After the user enters the name and upon hitting the submit button ,it builds the  caller name with the url. Is there way we can input the user phone no,location and email so that they will build the uri alongside with the callerName. This will help the Agent to contact the customer if the network connection fails.

2. I am having a challenge of customizing the caller name in the jabber guest widget:
"http://jabguest.fuotuoke.edu.ng?widget=true".Associating the callerName with the above  widget poses a problem for me.
As for the widget-size ,i changed the size of the popup browser page.i will try to insert the height and width inside iframe.
I have attached hotspot.rar for your perusal. It
 contains the login.html ,jab.htm(it contains the web form) and video.htm(the widget)
Thank you in anticipation
Collins

Jabber Guest doesn't provide any option for a user to submit their information in the event of a failed call. You might be able to create a web page that asks the user for their information, and upon submitting the form, it emails support and then launches Jabber Guest.
Could also simply ask the user what their contact information is at the start of the call.

Hello Patrick,
I didn't mean the user should enter their information when the call fails
.with java script you sent ,i can instruct the user to enter his name and
phone number like : collins, 070...inside one form.so i was thinking if i
have two inputs one for name and the other for phone number ,the jabber
url should be able to pick them if the two strings are joined together.
I didn't receive any comment on how to use callerName with the jabber guest
video widget

Okay, I understand now.
Regarding the use of callerName with the widget, I don't know. The examples in the documentation I've seen aren't using the widget, ie: /​call/​agent?callerName=Alice.

Ok. So,is it possible for the two strings to be concatenated ?
its the same example i have seen as
well. The reason why i am using widget is to add my company logo.

Hello Patrick,
I have been able to use the callerName with the widget in the JavaScript as follows :
"https://jabguest.fuotuoke.edu.ng/call/support/widget=true&callerName "
The caller name is displaying when the jabber guest user calls.My problem now is that the video is not showing but the audio is working .
If i copy that url and past in the browser ,the audio and video will work very well.
If i embed the uri in the <iframe> tags ,the audio will work but the video will not work. If i create a link using <a href ... Both audio and video will work.
I am thinking if there is way we can combine the java script with iframe tags so that the input form will reference the iframe tags
Hope to read from you
Collins