Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber to Telepresence across 2 CUCM clusters

I have some issues connecting Jabber on an iPad to Telepresence.

We have 2 CUCM clusters, one for VoIP and one for the CTS Telepresence endpoints.

Versions are as below

• VoIP CUCM 8.6.2
  • TP CUCM : 9.1
  • CTS endpoints : 1.9
  • CTMS : 1.9
  • CTS-Manager : 1.9
  • Jabber : 9.3

Settings:

• SIP trunk between
    • the TP CUCM and CTMS
    • both CUCM servers
  • routing
    • route on the TP CUCM to route thru the trunk to the VoIP CUCM for the VoIP dialplan
    • route on the VoIP CUCM to route thru the trunk to the TP CUCM for the TP dialplan

I am trying to get a Jabber client on iPad connect to Telepresence with the video.

Scenario 1:

When I register my iPad on the Telepresence CUCM with a number on the TP dialplan, I can connect directly to a CTS endpoint and to the bridge. Both video and audio works fine.

Scenario 2:

But I want to register the iPad on the VoIP CUCM as these devices are managed locally. But when I do so (the iPad then has a number on the VoIP dialplan), whether I call a CTS endpoint from Jabber or the bridge, I only get the audio. The jabber client never gets the video from the CTS and vice versa. The result is the same when I force a had-oc meeting from the CTMS including the Jabber client.

When dialing the bridge, the call coming from the Jabber client is dropped by the bridge saying "Call dropped. Meeting: 9199008. Call number 600154 ended with message: No media from endpoint"

Possible causes eliminated

1. The call goes thu so it is not a routing issue. In both case the audio works.
  2. In both case the Jabber client is on the same IP subnet, so it is not a firewall issue. Nor should it be a network (i.e. QoS) setting issue

I am wondering what I did wrong in the settings between the 2 clusters.

• Could it be something in the Region or Location configartion ?
  • Or some specific settings on the SIP-profile or SIP-trunk ?
7 Replies 7

It just looks like if the two endpoints are not able to negociate video codec or something like that.

I tried to look in the RTMT logs of the VoIP CUCM where the Jabber client initiating the call is registered but couldn't find anything. Is there any specific logs I should look at ?

It could definitely be the regions.  Make sure the following region relationships are set up with enough video bandwidth:

8.6 CUCM:

Jabber region to region of SIP trunk to other CUCM

9.1 CUCM:

SIP trunk to TP Region

TP Region to CTMS SIP Trunk Region (if CTMS and TP endpoints are in different regions)

Other CUCM SIP trunk to CTMS SIP Trunk region

With the SIP trunks themselves, check that the SIP trunks have the same settings as each other and that you don't have "media termination point required" ticked on either CUCM's SIP trunk as this will usually force it to audio only.  Check the SIP profile and SIP trunk security profile on each - I don't actually know what the settings need to be on these profiles, but you probably at least want them to match in each direction.

If you still don't have any luck, you could try pointing the CTMS to the 8.6 CUCM instead and see how you go - this should at least help you isolate the issue.

Nick,

Thanks for your quick answer.

1. I check all max video bit rates in all related regions on both CUCM and they are all set to 32256kbps.
  2. in the SIP trunks settings, the setting [media termination point required] is checked out
  3. all SIP profiles and SIP security profiles settings matches on both servers.
  4. and "video capability" is enabled on the phone settings inside CUCM for the Jabber client.

No luck.

I'm puzzled about this one. I've read several articles about doing such things between a Jabber on CUCM and an endpoint on VCS and both Jabber and CUCM settings seems to match.

On the TP endpoint I can see the call comming in and being changed to audio only (the message "in audio call" is displayed)

I changed the SIP trunk setting and disabled the "Retry Video Call as Audio" option. Then the call is simply dropped.

It is clearly a video problem.

It looks like it is either unable to exchange the codec of information or thinks there's not enough bandwidth and as such drop the video.

Unfortunately, it looks like you are out of easy-to-try options.

You'll probably need to do a trace on both CUCM's and send to the TAC (or post up here, someone might be able to help you).

Have you tried registering a TP endpoint to the 8.6.2 CUCM and seeing if it works locally?

I moved a SX20 from the Telepresence CUCM cluster to the same VoIP cluster on witch the jabber client is register.

Then the video call between the two works.

But when doing an intercluster call from the SX20 (now on the VoIP cluster) to the CTS (on the Telepresence cluster), I have the same behavior, so the issue is not related to the Jabber client.

So in short I can make a video call from Telepresence endpoint to Telepresence endpoint or jabber when they are on the same cluster (Telepresence cluster or VoIP cluster) but not if  they are on different clusters

Sounds like a pain!

Sorry, I'm out of ideas

Will probably have to be a TAC case.

I ended up to be the locations.

I had set all video bandwidth on all locations on both cluster to UNLIMITED except one that I missed.

Now it all works like a charm bewtween the immersive CTS registered on the TP CUCM cluster and the SX20 and jabber clients registered on the VoIP cluster.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: