Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video - Login issue on VCS x8.7.3 after "Application failed" alarm

Dear all,

in our company we use Jabber Video and we have a virtual VCS cluster.

Usually the internal server in the sign-in settings is the cluster FQDN name, so the registrations are balanced in first and second VCS, but in the last days the login works only if we force registrations on the first VCS.

At the same time we have noticed:

- an "Application failed" alarm with ID 15011 on the second VCS: "An unexpected software error was detected in app[30518]: SIGABRT (tkill(2) or tgkill(2))"

- some message in different day/time from TMS about second VCS: "Lost response" and "Got response"

In maintenance mode we have tried a reboot but the process seemed not starting, so we have performed a restart without success because the alarm and the Jabber Video login issue are still present.

Endpoint are registerd in both the VCS without issue.

Do you have experience with this problem? There is a procedure on how to solve it?

Thanks and kind regards,

Davide

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is possible that the second VCS has somehow had a configuration issue.  Are you able to remove it from the cluster then re-add it so that it refreshes its configuration from the master (assuming your "first" VCS is the master, and this "second" one is not).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is possible that the second VCS has somehow had a configuration issue.  Are you able to remove it from the cluster then re-add it so that it refreshes its configuration from the master (assuming your "first" VCS is the master, and this "second" one is not).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne for your good idea.

I plan the activity and I will provide a feedback...

Kind regards,

Davide.

Many thanks Wayne!

I've removed the VCS 2 from the cluster, then rebooted/restarted, re-added in custer and finally this issue seems solved.

If I encounter the same problem in the future I will apply your suggestion.

Best regards,

Davide

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: