cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LOCATING FOLDER SYSTEM IS IN IN TMS

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I have over 500 systems on TMS and numerous folders.  How would I locate the folder a system is in by doing a system search rather than an I list??

I performed a system search and it locates the system but doesn't tell me what folder it's in???

Thanks.

Chet Cronin
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Note that Patrick and my own answers actually reflect 2 different searches performed.  Patrick is referring to the omnipresent Search box in the top right of every TMS page.  I was referring to the System Search option in the System Navigator drop-down box.  The results they present are different in formatting and the amount of information presented.  Also, if you use the method Patrick described, then if you click the folder it actually pops up with another small box with the folder name, then you click that to actually go to the folder.

View solution in original post

Good point Anthony, I assumed you were using the same search method that is present throughout the entire TMS website.  Thanks for the clarification.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Once you've done the system search, you can open up the system settings of that system, and under the top section of General, in the right hand column there is a setting of 'Folders with system'.  This tells you what folder(s) the system is in.

In addition to Anthony's suggestion, another method would be after you did your search and you're presented with the list of endpoints that match, you should see a blue folder icon on the right side of the page for that endpoint.  If you click it, you can go straight to the folder it's located in.

Note that Patrick and my own answers actually reflect 2 different searches performed.  Patrick is referring to the omnipresent Search box in the top right of every TMS page.  I was referring to the System Search option in the System Navigator drop-down box.  The results they present are different in formatting and the amount of information presented.  Also, if you use the method Patrick described, then if you click the folder it actually pops up with another small box with the folder name, then you click that to actually go to the folder.

Good point Anthony, I assumed you were using the same search method that is present throughout the entire TMS website.  Thanks for the clarification.

Anthony and Patrick... thank you very much.

Missed it in settings and like simple answers to my questions.... U guys are great and I appreciate it very much...

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin