Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync Integration - VCS Call Licenses

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I am currently planning a VCS/Lync integration design for around 3000+ Lync users but i just wanted to santiy check the theory behind the call licenses required on VCS.

The way i interpret this, if you use a 'Lync Gateway' peered with a VCS-Control and Lync Director/HLB, any call processed via the B2BUA will consume a Non-Traversal Call license on the Lync Gateway. Either a Traversal or Non-Traversal license will be consumed on the VCS-Control depending on whether the call protocol in interworked.

If this is the case, it appears that i would have to apply some form of sensible ratio or if i wanted to go all out, i'd need 3000 Non-Trav licenses on both the Lync Gateway and the VCS-Control, is this right? Just seems like a lot of required licenses but then again, i can't see any other way it could work

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

that's right.

However do you really think at the same time all 3000 uers would be making this calls?  i think you can monitor the lync traffic or talk to lync admin and get a realistic figure for actual number of calls and then decide the number of licenses required.

Regards,

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: