Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4501 Permanent conference issues

Hi, i have created several permanent conferences on MCU.

Sometimes permanent conference appear as finished. Operators swear they did not finish them manualy.

Also, then i put conference back, by editing its properties and checking "permanent" checkbox, it suddenly begins to call all ex-participants into conference although there were NO preconfigured participants.

This caused much havoc and disturbance, calling BIG BOSSES and so on.

Any suggestions?

MCU software:

version4.3(2.30)
variant6.18(2.30)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this is what I would expect to happen. When adding participants to a permanent conference using TMS, they are added as pre-configured participants, but TMS never removes them. See bug CSCtr35038 for more information.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi utair

Is TMS in the picture of this?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, it is.

You think it's TMS acting bad?

Which options to look at?

luchand
Level 1
Level 1

I would advise enabling the audit log under logs->Audit log on the MCU. That way if some configuration change is made to end a permanent conference, it will be recorded in this log which user made the change and wether they made the change via the web interface API (i.e. TMS) etc. This should enable you to track down why the conferences are being ended unexpectedly.

Regarding the preconfigured participants, it is possible that if preconfigured participants are added via the API (probably TMS unless you have other API applications) and are not removed before the conference is ended then they will persist in the configuration and not be visable via the web interface.

Thanks, will check that.

But, even if that conference were deleted using TMS without first removing participants, some certain participants were 100% not in conference at the moment, and still, they were called upon conference return to permanent state.

Just tested:

- created permanent conference using MCU interface

- added two participants using TMS

- endpoints were called into conference

- answered on both endpoints

- hung up on one endpoint

- kicked another one out of conference using TMS

- delete that conference using TMS

- restored that "completed" conference back to permanent using MCU

- both endpoints were called back into conference automatically! very funny.

Yes, this is what I would expect to happen. When adding participants to a permanent conference using TMS, they are added as pre-configured participants, but TMS never removes them. See bug CSCtr35038 for more information.

Even more, they remain after reboot and called after.

Any ETA on fix?

Unfortunately we do not have any information as to when this may be fixed at this time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: