Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4505 content sharing and presence

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have few issues that I would like to resolve on a VC system. I have MCU4505, 5 x C20’s and VCSe.

1.0  Content sharing between C20s seem to work fine, when on MCU conference content sharing doesn’t work.

2.0  When calling MCU conference room, Movi client displays error  -- Failed to update Presence Reason: (403: Policy Response), is there away to fix this? MCU is registered via SIP.

3.0  Date time on Video Conference, when on MCU conference the Date and time display remain on top right corner of the LCD screen and you can not clearly see the person on this part of the screen. Is there any way to remove it while on a video call?

Your help will be much appreciated on this, Thanks!

Regards

Mohammed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI Mohammed.  Interesting.  I will try this later, but one thing I would ask you to try first if possible.  I have C40 with Samsung Monitor connected to HDMI Output 1.  I hard set this to 1920_1080_60 versus auto and during a call to my MCU the Widgets went away.  Can you try this with your customer to see if it has the same affect? 

Let me know about the content on the MCU and the presense issue as well. 

Thanks in advance. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Mohammed.  Did you ever get this sorted?

1) When sending content from C-Series in MCU, does the Conference page on the MCU show the content being received at the bottom?  Couple of factors to check.  1) Verify Content Codec on MCU. H263+ should be ok to work in this case with C-Series.  2) Content contribution from endpoints enabled on MCU? 3) Verify content is in fact enabled on the conference all together.  Do you get any warnings or errors in the event log when the call starts up?  Would you be able to post that here?

2) MOVI shows presense issue.  If your running X6.1 or later, you need to verify Default Zone, Default subzone and Subzone (if you have one for Movi) credential checks.  Changing this may help, but be aware, it could also affect the actual sign on for MOVI as well. 

3) Not sure what you mean here? Are these the Widgets that display on C-Series and they are still up there on a call? 

Hi Patrick,

I was busy in other projects, i haven't looked in to these issues after last time. I will be checking some of the suggestions you provided. With the last issues, yes the widgets will still remain on the call, blocking people face or part of their face and a bit frustrating for the customer. Thanks for your help on this much appreciated.

Regards

Mohammed

HI Mohammed.  Interesting.  I will try this later, but one thing I would ask you to try first if possible.  I have C40 with Samsung Monitor connected to HDMI Output 1.  I hard set this to 1920_1080_60 versus auto and during a call to my MCU the Widgets went away.  Can you try this with your customer to see if it has the same affect? 

Let me know about the content on the MCU and the presense issue as well. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Patrick

That worked for me as well 5 points, is this a bug with the software? i had to update this to a lot of VC endpoints and customer was asking why this specific setting is required to be hard set instead of Auto.

Thanks

HI Mohammed.  I was going to start my investigation on it, and when this changed the behavior, I couldn't get my Widgets to come back at all, and couldn't continue to look into it.  I changed this setting, then changed it back to Auto, and it was still looking pretty good.  Can't say now.  I tried to replicate it again, but now it wants to play nice, and I couldn't.  Wish I could provide you a better answer on this...but glad its working in your customers environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: