cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 8510 SIP Display Name

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there anyway to set the SIP Display Name on an MCU (8510), either on the MCU, via CPL on the VCS, or some other method?  Currently is identifies itself as "Codian MSE 8510".  It use to display the SIP username that was set in the SIP settings if I recall correctly, but that was some time ago, I could be mistaken.

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its always helpful to mention the software version and the deployment and how you initiate the call.

You have the conference setting "Use conference name as caller ID"

Than on a native sip outbound call the conference name is used as the sip display name field.

But it might also be dependent on what client/device you have on the remote other site,

what happens with the call (like vcs adding P-Asserted-Identity or findme, ...) and then what is shown

at the end as the caller id.

I did not try it now but with findme or a cpl you might be able to rewrite the display name, just give it a try

and report :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of call is being placed from the MCU? What device is displaying that and protocol its receiving the call?

Just curious.

VR
P2

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Martin -

MCU is running 4.4, most recent build.  Currently the "Use conference name as caller ID" is disabled.  I thought the MCU would use the SIP setting "username" as the caller id.  We have FindMe, so I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Patrick -

SIP outbound call, I've noticed the display name is "Codian MSE 8510" no matter how the call is made.  C-Series, E20, EX Series all display the same thing.  Protocol is SIP all the way through.

Patrick: with 4.4 and the name option off and an all the way SIP call I can see on my JabberVideo exectly what Patrick describes:

Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 01.03.39.png

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Took 4500 MCU back to the last 4.3 build, and still see the same here.

Line

Value="From: "Codian MCU 4505" <11111>;tag=836EAA0FC0030000  "

Line

Value="Contact: <11111>;isfocus  "

EX90 shows:

*s Call 11 AnswerState: Autoanswered

*s Call 11 CallPriority: None

*s Call 11 CallType: Video

*s Call 11 CallbackNumber: "sip:11111@tac.lab"

*s Call 11 DeviceType: MCU

*s Call 11 Direction: Incoming

*s Call 11 DisplayName: "Codian MCU 4505"

*s Call 11 Duration: 180

*s Call 11 Encryption Type: "Aes-128"

*s Call 11 FacilityServiceId: 0

*s Call 11 ModifyState: Idle

*s Call 11 PlacedOnHold: False

*s Call 11 Protocol: "sip"

*s Call 11 ReceiveCallRate: 384

*s Call 11 RemoteNumber: "11111@tac.lab"

*s Call 11 Status: Connected

*s Call 11 TransmitCallRate: 384

The display portion shows the same, and call back shows the number of the conference.  I can try and go back to MCU 4.2 to see if this changes from 4.2 to 4.3 if you wish, or try different versions of MCU 4.3 previous the last one in this chain if you wish, but what actual problem is it causing?  Folks don't like see that name?  Is it a call back issue if you disconnect suddenly, and want to dial back in?  Maybe I'm not grasping the actual problem here. 

VR

P2

Call back for fine for end users. Confusing at times when you see that name appear on the endpoint and you don't know who calling because it's the generic display name. I thought the display name actually followed the sip username at one point, but that could be my mind making that up, I can't remember.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App