cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU password forgot

vc-support
Level 1
Level 1

how can i access mcu and reset the password.

mcu 5300.

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can u try this procedure even though it does not talk about 5300 model but think procedure would be same ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_resetting_password_restoring_factory_settings_kb_13.html

regds,

aman

Do you mean you lost the password for the admin access of the MCU?

If the admin password is lost, you can use the reset_config command at the serial console to reset the system configuration. Note: reset_config will also reset your local configuration including any feature keys you may have installed.

You need to connect to the MCU console port using the RJ45 to DB9 cable.

1. Set your terminal software (Putty/HyperTerminal) to the following settings:
    • Baud rate: 38400
    • Data bits: 8
    • Parity: none
    • Stop bits: 1
    • Flow control: none
    • Press Enter and the command prompt appears on the terminal.
    • Type reset_config command

You can only issue this command during the first 30 seconds of startup. This will reset the admin password and all user passwords.

regards,

Acevirgil

Patrick Sparkman
    VIP Alumni
    VIP Alumni

Both Aman and Acevirgil's responses are correct, appears they replied within minutes of each other, probably typing their responses at the same time.  Anyway, from someone who just factory reset several MCUs recently, you have to watch the console output closely, as it can be easy to miss the 30 second window during the boot process.  I had to restart the first MCU twice because I missed the chance to enter the command, don't wait for you to get a prompt when it's fully booted, otherwise you'll have missed your windows, you must enter the command during the boot process.