Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Rebooting 4200

ruberdi_v
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with one of the MCU , at our customer place, where it is automatically rebotting in every 5 minute. Web accessible.

Regards

Ruberdi

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks more like a dsp issue, but I would also check if the config is ok, at least it seems to lack

the product activation key, but I would it not expect to reboot all the time if its not present, so

thats possibly a symptom but not the cause.

If there is a service contract please file a case towards Cisco TAC.

Does it also reboot if it is not connected to the network?

Anyhow, you could check if the flash card if full/damaged and also try to do a factory default reset or a software upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_upgrade_using_external_compact_flash_kb_16.shtml

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

with what could be the problem associated with the DSP, because of what?

possibly

a) configuraition issue (try a factory reset, enter proper keys)

b) software issue (try tp upgrade)

c) external issues (try to disconnect the network)

d) hardware (TAC case / RMA)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We recently had a 4210 MCU with very similar behaviour.  Ours would go on a reboot cycle randomly, or quite often when access was made to it with a web browser.  We logged a call with the TAC, a RMA was raised and we received new hardware a day or two later.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate resposnes and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.