cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Server HA/Load Balancing

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I'm setting up two CMS servers, both talking to the same CUCM cluster. After reading the CMS documentation, I'm a bit confused about how bext to do this.

Some CMS docs talk about creating Call Bridge Groups and mentioning setting up database replication. Others just seem to talk about setting up all the CMSs in CUCM as you would normally (i.e. SIP Trunks & Route Lists, etc)

Can anyone shine some light in my direction?

Thanks,

Gordon

Please rate all helpful posts.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The documentation can be a bit confusing as you need to look at different documents in order to explain all the steps, but basically you will need to setup the following in your deployment in order to facilitate load balancing/HA:

On CMS:

Setup database replication between all servers (you should actually have a third server for this that just runs database, doesn't have to be high spec)

Setup clustering

Setup Callbridge group with both CMS servers in it (not essential, but a good idea)

On CUCM, in order to load balance/HA between CMS:

Setup SIP trunks, Route Groups and Route lists (point to Callbridge CMS servers only - not to the database server)

Setup Ad-Hoc conference bridges and media resource groups/media resource group lists

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

The documentation can be a bit confusing as you need to look at different documents in order to explain all the steps, but basically you will need to setup the following in your deployment in order to facilitate load balancing/HA:

On CMS:

Setup database replication between all servers (you should actually have a third server for this that just runs database, doesn't have to be high spec)

Setup clustering

Setup Callbridge group with both CMS servers in it (not essential, but a good idea)

On CUCM, in order to load balance/HA between CMS:

Setup SIP trunks, Route Groups and Route lists (point to Callbridge CMS servers only - not to the database server)

Setup Ad-Hoc conference bridges and media resource groups/media resource group lists

Does the third/database only server need a full license?
Please rate all helpful posts.

No license required for the db server

As Nick mentions, a database only CMS doesn't require any licenses at all. However if you plan on using this CMS for XMPP resiliency, you will require an activated Call Bridge, even if you don't plan to utilize it.

Ni Nick.
for a CMS HA deployment, if SMP+ licenses are used, they can be shared between CMS servers or I need to order and assign different SMP+ lics for each CMS server of the cluster?

When you redeem your license PAKs for SMP, you can enter a MAC address for each CMS server and they will all get licensed.

Hi,

My question is regarding Third server. Could you please explain about the third server? would it be CMS? 

BR

AbdulKarim