Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating TMS to new Server

Customer is migrating their TMS to a new VM with a new IP address.

Can we just take the license keys from the old server and apply them to the new server or do we have to request a migration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rich, is the old server an appliance or just software? If the latter - yes. You really don't need to do anything - the keys are stored in the SQL database, they will be there once you have restored it or tied the new server to the db. 

If the old one is an appliance your customer is paying maintenance on the hardware as well as the software, in that case there is a different process - let me know if that's the case and I'll elaborate on how I've seen it done. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rich, is the old server an appliance or just software? If the latter - yes. You really don't need to do anything - the keys are stored in the SQL database, they will be there once you have restored it or tied the new server to the db. 

If the old one is an appliance your customer is paying maintenance on the hardware as well as the software, in that case there is a different process - let me know if that's the case and I'll elaborate on how I've seen it done. 

Patrick,

The old is a VM but we could not get a good backup of the system.  So just the cut and paste will work.

Thanks

Yes you should be fine - if you need me to pull them from the system shoot me an email with the serial (I think you have my email) I'll look them up.