Views
Helpful
Replies

Movi/Jabber and Windows 8

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a customer who has just upgraded his laptop to windows 8, and he has suggested that the company he works for might be rolling windows 8 out. I am aware that there is a compatibility issue between this new OS and Movi/Jabber.

Do you any indication on when this will be fixed?

Many thanks in advance

Luke

Logicalis

8 Replies 8

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Luke

I am using Movi/Jabber 4.4 on Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise and have had no issues.

I am currently running Movi/Jabber on 4 Windows 8 machines.

The only issue I found was compatibility with the graphic drivers on one of my machines but after a graphics driver update that was resolved.

The issues do you have?

The customer could not hear me, and the audio from him sounded like he was under water.

We did all of the usual checks, volume etc but no resolve

Hi Luke

Could you please provide a brief description of your VC deployment and what system the remote participant was using.

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Luke, You may also want to check if the sound card drivers are installed correctly and is compatible with Windows 8 on the Laptop used.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

In some rare cases I also heard some Jabber Video users sounding like a robot, also suspect

the soundcard/driver/performance/jabber-video-hookup. Btw, other applicaitons worked fine (like skype,

goolge hangout, ...) its just Jabber Video where I had seen these issues, so besides

possible bugs in the driver, maybe the JabberClient could also add some more robustness regards such issues.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I would have thought upgrading to 4.5 would have been an idea too...

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Agree, upgrading to latest Jabber software version will also help for this test. Also what is the Manufacturer and model # details of the Laptop being used for Jabber ?

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I will pass them on to the customer and see how he goes.

I have a feeling after speaking to him again he is considering going back to windows 7...to be honest after looking at windows 8, i wouldnt have upgraded anyway!

Thank you all again

Luke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: