Views
Helpful
Replies

MX 300 Noise issue + Missing Logs

santoshshinde88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Yesterday (14th Mar ) We initiated a P2P call from MX 300 (with dual mic) ( firmware :- CE 8.3.2) with Lifesize Team 220, the Video was proper but at Team 220 location the people were getting noise (like "clock" noise) when we muted the MX 300 the noise was stopped.but when unmuted the MX 300 again the far end was getting the noise.

After restarting the MX 300 the issue got resolved. Could someone tell me what could be the issue ?

Now we want RCA of same but when we tried to capture the logs, the issue time logs was missing.the system is showing random logs file (it should show day to day logs) but it is not showing.

In setting "Logging" mode in "ON"

So Issue Summary -

1) what could be the reason of noise issue?

2) why the system is not showing the proper log file ?

1 Reply 1

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

I read the release notes for 8.3.4, unfortunately Cisco doesn't itemize what bugs were fixed in 8.3.3 and 8.3.4 but there was a G.729 issue fixed on one of them. 8.3.2 is nearly a year old, since the behavior you described is likely a bug (not a configuration issue) I would consider upgrading to the latest code. You have an intermittent problem so it's hard to troubleshoot, but I'd start there.