cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX-300 Time Issue

nicolas.verdugo
Level 1
Level 1
estimated community I have an mx- 300 having a problem with the time showing me the time plus 3 hours, change the NTP to test also change the NTP server MX -300 but still not change the time , is there some other parameter that can be set ? best regards
8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you configured the correct timezone on the MX?

This can be configured via the web interface by going to the Configuration > System Configuration > Time section and setting the correct Zone and OlsonZone settings.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne thanks for the reply yes the time sme is correctly configurated GMT-3 and the time zone is BS Aires

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Besides checking the time zone that is set on the endpoint as Wayne mentions, if the MX300 is using a static IP, make sure you specify at least one or more DNS addresses as they have to be entered in manually as well in order to resolve the NTP address.

Patrick itĀ“s not work we cant resolve outside of the Videoconference segment, but thanks for the reply

..we cant resolve outside of the Videoconference segment..

Where is your DNS and NTP servers located?  They must be reachable within this segment for the codec to pull the correct time.

If you log into the codec using SSH, and run the following commands, what are the results?

systemtools ntp
systemtools network ping <ntp_address>

i can reach the ntp by its ip addres because its in the same segment but im not in the same segment with the DNS for network politics 

The MX300 can recieve wrong time zone from TMS , if you use TMS in your TelepPresence environment.

br Oleksandr

Thanks for the reply Oleksandr, but the MX-30 its stand alone and receive the hour for an internal NTP y change it for test but show the same hour 3 more the real one