Views
Helpful
Replies

MX700 Camera not detected

paula.scally1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
We have an MX700 with dual cameras - its stating on the system that no cameras are detected but conferencing and the cameras are working.
There are 2 issues:
 - The motion tracking is not working - i think this is because the system doesnt detect the cameras
 - The track pad doesnt have the tracking option available to select

Can you please advise? Thanks

13 Replies 13

Make sure the cables for the camera (HDMI and control cable) are connected properly. Loose connection would be the cause. Try to reset the camera cable connections on the codec and also on the camera modules.

After resetting cable connections, try to reboot the system.  

After reboot, access the web interface and log on on the system then run troubleshooting:

Diagnostics > Troubleshooting > Re-run diagnostics

You should not get any error regarding camera connections.

Then check camera speaker track mode if enabled:

Configuration > System Configuration > Camera Settings > Cameras SpeakerTrack Mode: Auto

If set to Off you will not get the speaker tracking option on the touchpad.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi

Thanks for this - I tested all of the above but still getting the issue.  All power cables connected but now getting the following issue.

The issue on the codec is that the tracking option isn't even showing up.  It is set up on the web interface as you have detailed above but on the codec there is nothing.  The software version is TC7.3.2.14ad.7cc and the Touch Screen is T17.3.2.14ad7cc

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You mean on the codec's web interface under camera settings, no options/settings for the SpeakerTrack?

Based on the screenshot, there might be problem on your cabling with the cameras. Check the connection of the camera cables as per the guide attached by Wayne. check also the PoE injector if it is powered and the camera should be supplied with power for the codec to detect it.

Also there's an error regarding H323 Gatekeeper registration but this problem have no connection regarding your camera issue. You should check this error as well.

Try also to do factory reset on the system. Refer to page 146 on this guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mx-series/tc7/administration-guide/mx700-mx800-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

If above procedures were conducted and problem persist, you may contact Cisco TAC for further assistance. There could be a hardware problem.

Regards,

Acevirgil

Hi all,

Did anyone found a solution to this?

I experience the same thing and I tried several things:

- restart

- disconnect and reconnect all cables

- replace cables

- factory reset

- software upgrade/downgrade

Any new ideas?

I attached some print-screens if it helps you.

Thank you!

Have you verified all camera cables are connected per the installation guides, making sure the ethernet cable from the camera is plugged into the correct port?

MX700 Dual Camera Floor Stand Installation Sheet

MX700 Single Camera Floor Stand Installation Sheet

Hi, yes I did. I did a factory reset and then collected fresh logs and found:

"Mar 7 10:15:50.635 localhost appl[1219]: 21.99 SpeakerTrack W: Camera at 00:AF:1F:F1:16:75 is running incompatible SW version. Awaiting automatic SW upgrade.
Mar 7 10:15:50.658 localhost appl[1219]: 22.01 PROV I: LoadsFileHandler: Connected peripheral Precision 60 Camera
Mar 7 10:15:50.859 localhost appl[1219]: 22.21 SpeakerTrack W: Camera at 00:AF:1F:F1:15:A0 is running incompatible SW version. Awaiting automatic SW upgrade."

From CLI I have the following proof that the cameras are not detected by the system:

xstatus Camera
*s Camera 1 Capabilities Options: ""
*s Camera 1 Connected: False
*s Camera 1 DownloadProgress: 0
*s Camera 1 HardwareID: ""
*s Camera 1 IpAddress: ""
*s Camera 1 MacAddress: ""
*s Camera 1 Manufacturer: ""
*s Camera 1 Model: ""
*s Camera 1 SerialNumber: ""
*s Camera 1 SoftwareID: ""
*s Camera 1 UpgradeStatus: None
*s Camera 2 Capabilities Options: ""
*s Camera 2 Connected: False
*s Camera 2 DownloadProgress: 0
*s Camera 2 HardwareID: ""
*s Camera 2 IpAddress: ""
*s Camera 2 MacAddress: ""
*s Camera 2 Manufacturer: ""
*s Camera 2 Model: ""
*s Camera 2 SerialNumber: ""
*s Camera 2 SoftwareID: ""
*s Camera 2 UpgradeStatus: None

Any ideas?

I did an upgrade to version 7.3.2 of the video system and now the errors have changed, the cameras are paired in configuration -> peripherals, but still no cameras connected error seen on this page.

I do see the software version of the paired cameras is 7.3.3 . I will do the video system update to 7.3.3 and revert with feedback.

Thanks all!

Still on 7.3.2, the Diagnostics show:

ERROR: SpeakerTrack Video
The HDMI inputs are not valid. Please double-check that the cables are connected according to the installation guide. The inputs might need to beconfigured manually.

WARNING: Camera Detection
No cameras found.
• Make sure that the control cable between the camera and the system is connected.
To enable the remote when there are no cameras connected, activate the IR sensor on the system.

After setting the Speaker track to Manual mode the error disappeared but I still have No cameras found error.

I searched the logs and found:

Unable to negotiate camera interfaces. Software upgrade needed.
2016-03-07T10:05:19.400+00:00 VC-VIB-Geb--5-2---3-OG---BZ-3 00:AF:1F:F1:15:A0 eventlog[1275]: Received offer to upgrade SW from: "tc-7.3.3-rc1-0-gc84180a"
2016-03-07T10:05:19.405+00:00 VC-VIB-Geb--5-2---3-OG---BZ-3 00:AF:1F:F1:15:A0 eventlog[1275]:                                to: "tc-7.3.2-rc2-0-g14ad7cc"
2016-03-07T10:05:19.410+00:00 VC-VIB-Geb--5-2---3-OG---BZ-3 00:AF:1F:F1:15:A0 eventlog[1275]: ERROR: Offered SW does not support this HW (102110-1)

I hope to solve it by upgrading to TC7.3.3

Hi guys, solved it by upgrading the MX700 to TC7.3.3!!!

Can you please tell us how you resolved it, so others that might have the same issue know the process.

Hi guys, solved it by upgrading the MX700 to TC7.3.3!!!

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure that the Ethernet cables to the cameras are connected correctly (and to the correct cameras) as per page 16 of the Installation Sheet.  Also make sure that the PoE module is correctly connected - Page 14.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.