Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Configure the Cisco Ex 60 VC Device for Home user

ramcoitadmin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

please help me to configure the Cisco EX 60 Telepresence Device for home user.

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Suggest you start with the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/tc7/administration-guide/ex-series-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

and the user guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/tc7/user-guide/ex60-ex90-user-guide-tc73.pdf

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks for your support....

How to get the H323 id and number,I'm using local ISP internet  at my home...

Should i check with ISP provider ?

And also how to assign the SIP--URI  ID  and proxy address...

You assign these values yourself, pick anything which makes sense to you.

As for SIP proxy address, you need a SIP registrar such as CUCM or VCS to which the endpoint registers to use this.

Since this is a stand-alone, you can turn SIP off unless absolutely needed, and only use H.323.

This will allow you to not only call systems using their public IP address, but, as long as your system is running software version TC4.2 or later, also URI dialling such as Alias@domain which allows you to connect to systems registered to call control devices such as CUCM, VCS etc.

Please be aware external sites can only connect to you by calling the public IP address of your system if your system is not registered to a CUCM or VCS.

/jens

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The configuration will be different depending on a number of usage cases.  Can you please provide a little more detail on your deployment scenario, ie, is this a Standalone unit, or will it be connected as a remote device on an existing call control platform (VCS, CUCM)?

If it's a standalone, do a search for "standalone" in these forums and you will find a whole pile of threads on how to set up a TC software based endpoint (EX/SX/C/etc).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.