Views
Helpful
Replies

New CallManager Site in Paris

djstrobel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a site just outside Paris France that needs to replace their old PBX. Our corporate standard is CUCM so instead of upgrading their Alcatel to a newer model I would install a 3925 ISR in Paris and use the CallManager cluser in our London datacenter.

My question is do I use the 5 ISDN BRI lines they already have or force them to upgrade to a fractional E1?

They currently pay only 180 €/month for 5 ISDN lines but the quote from Orange (France Telecom) is 299€/month for 15-20 channels on an E1.

To me in the US, ISDN BRI's are always replaced with T1 PRI's but I'm new to replacing phone systems in Europe and I know they have a much more widely used ISDN infrastructure than here.

Thanks in advance - Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dan,

I'd stick with the BRI's assuming

1. The BRI's are of sufficient capacity

2. Inbound number routing is already setup with the Telco

3. They're cheaper

I can't think of a good reason to upgrade to PRI.

You might want to find out whether the local telco can offer you SIP trunks as an alternative. You could then send inbound calls straight into your London CUCM ISR or the local ISR depending on what you want to do / IP network etc,

Adam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dan,

I'd stick with the BRI's assuming

1. The BRI's are of sufficient capacity

2. Inbound number routing is already setup with the Telco

3. They're cheaper

I can't think of a good reason to upgrade to PRI.

You might want to find out whether the local telco can offer you SIP trunks as an alternative. You could then send inbound calls straight into your London CUCM ISR or the local ISR depending on what you want to do / IP network etc,

Adam

Hi

I'm planning for a CUCM site in France and need some configuration Help

we have 3 sites:

SiteA : 5 T0 lines

SiteB : 3 T0 lines

SiteC: 1 T2

i believe T0 is ISDN BRI and T2 is PRI, can you please share some working configuration for these 2 ISDN types

appreciate your help

Regards

Shameer

This thread is 2 years old,, Please open new threads for new problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: