Views
Helpful
Replies

No login possible MCU 5300 - even after config reset

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I have a very confusing issue with one of my MCU 5310.

The system was running flawlessly for quite a while. Latest upgrade to 4.4 went well, even with that already mentionned bug reg the blank password.

Changed that back to the correct one and never had any issue.

Recently I noticed that there is no way to login with either the default admin/blank or any of our last passwords.

After some trying, I decided to reset the config. This happened and the system came back up.

I can see that the release key is missing due to the reset. So there must be a blank config. Changed the iP back.

But no way to logon.

Can somebody give me a hint?

Thanks and regards

Danny

5 Replies 5

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

No idea anybody? I know this is strange....

Danny

Sure the system was properly reset?

Define "no way to logon" do you get a

or do you not get the website at all?

that can always be a network issue as well or if you reset it and you bookmarked it in the browser with https

it will most likely not connect as the encryption key is also gone.

how did you do the facotry default I assume you have a serial connection to the MCU?

Do you use TMS or some other kind of management solution?

You are using the user "admin" right?

Did you use the "Advanced account security mode"? That can lock out users when the password is entered wrong.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi,

You can try to reload software using flash card method..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15644

HTH

kind regards,

Dharmmesh

shkn
Level 1
Level 1

You may try default the MCU to its factory settings and then restore the old config by FTP into MCU.

Steps to rest
-------------
Console into the MCU
Reboot the MCU and check the screen for when it says hit crtl+C to break the boot
Hit Ctrl+C
Enter the command reset_config

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Shyam

Hi everybody.

Thanks very much for your helpful thoughts.

Martin: no way means: web frontend works, but no way to login with any of those credentials. Blank etc. As in an other thread already mentionned. Weird: system was accessible for quite a while and nobody changed the login. Network settings are fine.

I have done the reset_config during the boot. That's why I know that its working since the "no release key" red messge on the main screen appears.And I had to set the IP again, of course.

I had to open a TAC since I was not sure if somebody would pass by here. Let see how that goes and if it points towards the flash way.

cheers

Danny