Helpful
Replies

+ not coming in the caller ID

ajayviswanath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have the following setup in my lab

CUCM->mgcp gw(PRI)->PSTN rtr(acting as provider) -> H323 GWPRI -> CUCM.

I want the called ID to display with a + before the number. I see the + in the debugs however in the phone just the number comes

in the caller ID. I use 7961GE, is it due to the phone not supporting the +. Looking for help..Have attached the isdn debugs,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ajay,

I am not able to download the files you have uploaded, recently there has been an issue with attachments.

But your call flow is not exactly clear. The only thing I could get is you have issue with + display on incoming calls. If this call is coming over H323 gateway then this is the default behavior of the H323 gateway as it doesnot supports "+". Please refer to below link, its mentioned in the restrictions.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html#wp1122988

"SIP trunks and MGCP gateways can support sending the international escape character, +, for calls. H.323 gateways do not support the +."

However if you have a need to display "+" you can do it using calling party transformation patterns. You can setup a calling party transformation pattern - matching the calling name - prepend +. Then apply the CSS - contating this partition to the device pool of phones.

Terry

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ajay,

I am not able to download the files you have uploaded, recently there has been an issue with attachments.

But your call flow is not exactly clear. The only thing I could get is you have issue with + display on incoming calls. If this call is coming over H323 gateway then this is the default behavior of the H323 gateway as it doesnot supports "+". Please refer to below link, its mentioned in the restrictions.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html#wp1122988

"SIP trunks and MGCP gateways can support sending the international escape character, +, for calls. H.323 gateways do not support the +."

However if you have a need to display "+" you can do it using calling party transformation patterns. You can setup a calling party transformation pattern - matching the calling name - prepend +. Then apply the CSS - contating this partition to the device pool of phones.

Terry

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks Terry,

Yes i am having this issue only when the call comes through a h323 gateway.I used the calling party transform and it worked.

Not a problem Ajay - glad to be of help!

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: