cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PhoneBook or Speed Dials for Cloud Registered Devices

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Looking to configure a phone book for cloud registered devices. The endpoints were on-prem and had been using the TMS Phone book, however once registered in the cloud. There doesnt seem to be any way of adding contacts or custom phone book etc to the endpoint?

Please let me know if there is way to have custom contacts added to cloud registered devices, even if its possible via CLI etc.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Have you gone through the admin guide of the the end point which you use. Also please share the end point details.

Response Signature

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

Ben,

I too have been looking for options on this and have not found anyone who has implemented a working solution.  I have mixed environment with some on premise and some cloud across North America, EMEA and APAC.  The TMS solution worked very well for phonebook across the global and only included other video units in the phone book (our requirement).

I plan on looking more into directory connector and pulling in room resources into control hub.  

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/spark/hybridservices/directoryconnector/cmgt_b_directory-connector-guide-admins/cmgt_b_directory-connector-administration-guide_chapter_01.html#task_657D45200EC581324A7016F8C5C4EB...

This may not work for you as it does not scale for us, but you could look at creating a directory macro for each unit.  This is only if you had a few units.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: