cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pink Glitch on Webex Codec Pro

khermano37097
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ever had this occur with their equipment? This is on the home screen on the Webex Codec Pro's. I've seen it across mostly rooms with dual TV setups. 
Rebooting usually is the temporary fix, but it would come back again later on next week. I'm trying to gauge if there is a deeper issue behind this or just the GPU overheating within the codec. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 8.31.15 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

I have run into something similar - I believe it's a sync issue. I have a RK Pro with three Samsung 4K monitors, and only one of them did it - I isolated it to be the port itself on the codec, not the monitor and/or cables. I ultimately RMA'd it, but in the short term I found a simple workaround - I set the output of the port to 1920x1080 instead of the default of "Auto". You're probably not really taking advantage of 4K yet anyway, so I'd try that, it will probably solve your problem, and then open a ticket with Cisco if that fixes it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

navidsyed
Level 1
Level 1

Not on Cisco WebEx room kit series but I have seen this on Cisco IX5000, it could be either GPU overheating as you said and could also be a bad HDMI cable.

Which version are you seeing this on?

Currently I see CE 9.8.0 right now and using Dual TV setups. I can check the wiring too. 

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

I have run into something similar - I believe it's a sync issue. I have a RK Pro with three Samsung 4K monitors, and only one of them did it - I isolated it to be the port itself on the codec, not the monitor and/or cables. I ultimately RMA'd it, but in the short term I found a simple workaround - I set the output of the port to 1920x1080 instead of the default of "Auto". You're probably not really taking advantage of 4K yet anyway, so I'd try that, it will probably solve your problem, and then open a ticket with Cisco if that fixes it. 

That looks like something I havent tried yet, I'll give this a shot. Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: