cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision 60 Camera control

john.spaugy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a teleconference room with multiple codecs on different networks that is being updated to SX80 codecs. The design employs a single camera (also to be updated) to drive all codecs through a video switch. Is it possible to control the Precision 60 camera via IP directly from a Crestron control system, or do I need to use a serial-controlled (VISCA) camera like the PrecisionHD 1080p-12x or a third party camera to separate the camera control from the SX80?

8 Replies 8

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

P60 cameras do not support the VISCA protocol like PHD cameras. The P60 camera was designed to work in conjunction with Collaboration endpoints like SX80s, and the cameras are controlled via xcommands. If you need to use a third-party controller, you need to connect the third-party controller to the SX80, to issue the commands to the SX80, and the SX80 would send the commands to the camera.

Conslusion: The P60 cameras cannot be controlled by third-party controller device by itself.

I hope this is of help.

I have connected two P60 cameras to the CIsco Spark Codec Plus but it cannot detect the second camera and control it. Do I need to do any configuration?

Hi,
Codec Plus doesn't have support for 2 PTZ cameras. You can connect second camera from other HDMI interface but you will get just the HDMI video signal like any other fixed handycam.

You need to use SX80 or wait for other new product series with 2 cameras support.

The Cisco Webex Codec Plus can only use more than one camera if you are not using the QuadCam as one of the cameras.   This is partly to do with the fact that the QuadCam is actually, as its name indicates, 4 cameras internally.

It will work with two Precision60 cameras. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

Thank you for your information.

I used a hub switch to connect Camera Control port of Cisco Spark Codec Plus and two P60 cameras but just one camera move and the other works as fixed camera.

Best,

The input sources has a small type configuration, where you define the HDMI input as PC (for presentation) or Camera. If this input source is configured as a PC you wont see the second camera in the drop down box under camera control.

*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 1 CameraControl CameraId: 1
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 1 CameraControl Mode: On
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 1 InputSourceType: camera
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 1 Name: ""
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 1 PresentationSelection: Manual
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 1 Quality: Motion
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 1 Visibility: IfSignal
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 CameraControl CameraId: 2
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 CameraControl Mode: On
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 InputSourceType: camera
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 Name: ""
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 PresentationSelection: Manual
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 Quality: Motion
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 Visibility: IfSignal
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 3 CameraControl CameraId: 3
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 3 CameraControl Mode: On
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 3 InputSourceType: PC
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 3 Name: ""
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 3 PresentationSelection: OnConnect
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 3 Quality: Sharpness
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 3 Visibility: IfSignal
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 4 CameraControl CameraId: 4
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 4 CameraControl Mode: Off
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 4 DviType: AutoDetect
*c xConfiguration Video Input Connector 4 InputSourceType: PC

Try to change the input source you have connected your camera to "camera" and see if you can control it now.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Do I need to run all of these commands or just from line 8 to 15 which are for Connector 2?

These commands need to be in my program or just enough to run them one time in the web console of codec?

Best regards,

You only need to set it once on the endpoint, and you don't need all the commands, just the one to set that input as a "camera" that @magnus highlighted.  So, for Input 2, you only need to use:

xConfiguration Video Input Connector 2 InputSourceType: camera

You can also change this via the web interface on the endpoint by going to Setup > Configuration > Video and changing the "InputSourceType" field to "camera" and clicking the Save button.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.