cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem that videoconferencing with spark from an older version vcs

Han Sung Kang
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the 7.2.2 version of cisco vcs-c and vcs-e.
By the way, if you make a call from a spark to a end point device registered in vcs, video will not come out but only sound.
Conversely, if you call spark from a device registered in vcs, you will see a video.
I would be grateful if you could tell me what the problem is.

Please let me know if there is a version of vcs that can solve this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

99% of one way video or audio issues are firewall related.  I'd suggest that be the first place you look given your outbound calls work fine, but the inbound ones are a problem.  Look to see if your firewall is dropping anything to do with your incoming call.

After that, to assist us to help further, we'd need some more information on your environment and how it is configured.  Are your endpoints registered to the VCS with H.323 or SIP?

The Cisco Spark service is a SIP service, so if your endpoints are H.323 registered the VCSes, there may be some interworking involved.  This can occasionally cause issues if you have problems with your VCS search rules and transforms.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

99% of one way video or audio issues are firewall related.  I'd suggest that be the first place you look given your outbound calls work fine, but the inbound ones are a problem.  Look to see if your firewall is dropping anything to do with your incoming call.

After that, to assist us to help further, we'd need some more information on your environment and how it is configured.  Are your endpoints registered to the VCS with H.323 or SIP?

The Cisco Spark service is a SIP service, so if your endpoints are H.323 registered the VCSes, there may be some interworking involved.  This can occasionally cause issues if you have problems with your VCS search rules and transforms.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you for your reply.
However, we have opened most of the firewalls.
And I made the test by creating vcs-c and vcs-e in other network, and the same problem occurred.
The devices registered in vcs-c are registered as sip.