Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning 1 user, 2 devices, 2 locations

stijnlaureys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a good working solution on a case.

First some background information:

(VCS Control + TMS) + TMS Provisioning Extension & VCS Expressway

Provisioning is working fine via the Control and Expressway. FindMe is enabled.

A person has got an E20 at a home location. This system is provisioned and registered on the VCS Expressway. The system gets the appropriate URI and phone books.

The same person also has an E20 on his deks in the office. The system must register to the VCS control and be provisioned.

I can't use the same template for the office system. Because the E20 will register to the Expressway. (pushed by the template)

Creating the same user with a different template is not possible. Because the username must be unique.

One group can only have 1 template per device type. So assigning 2 templates it also not possible.

I tried to confgure the E20 with Proxy 1 as the Control and Proxy 2 as the Expressway.

With this configuration, the home system which is provisioned, will not be able to register. The E20 will be searching for the Control. He doesn't jump to Proxy2 to register.

So the only option that remains for me is the following:

E20 at home: provision via provisioning extension

E20 at the office: Manage via TMS

Does anyone has another option or idea?

Looking forward to hear your opinion!

Stijn

1 Reply 1

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Take a look at the following guide -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS_Provisioning_Deployment_Guide_13-0.pdf

The section on NAPTR records should help - you should be able to set it up so that one user name can log in to both the expressway or the control and get the right provisioning.

This depends on the registration knowing if it is internal or external. Then the correct configuration can be applied, for example using the provisioning item Public SIP Server Address for external endpoints, and SIP Server Address for internal endpoints. These would have the details of the Expressway and Control respectively.