Views
Helpful
Replies

Public IP Dial to VC

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

Attached are the logs,( do not consider the date/time in the logs as sx20 was not configured with proper time but the logs are 5 hrs back)

i am calling from SX20 which is configured with public IP to another tandberg device which is also on public ip but i couldn't connect.

i tried many public IP's as per the link but no luck, https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11499281/ip-adress-test

To use SX20 as standalone i have make sure to have following configured on SX20 using Web Interface:

Configuration->Advance Configuration->H323->Profile 1->Callsetup Mode: Direct

Configuration->Advance Configuration->H323->Profile 1->PortAllocation : Static

can anybody help me to figure out the issue lies where.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just like i suggested on my previous post, you need a videoconference application/software (Polycom PVX or Realpresence for Desktop) running in your laptop. From your laptop LAN port using LAN cable connect it directly to SX20 LAN port. Configure both laptop and SX20 with static ip address in same network segment to make them communicate as peer to peer. 

Laptop IP: 192.168.1.10/24

SX20 IP: 192.168.1.11/24

From your laptop with Polycom software running you should be able to dial the IP address of your SX20 and make successful H323 call. From SX20 you should be able to call the laptop using its IP address as well.

This is one way to test if your SX20 codec is working with basic configuration to make H323 call via IP address.

You can download the Polycom PVX or Polycom RealPresence for free from Polycom website.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It appears your call is getting rejected as the destination is unreachable.  Have you checked that your firewall is open to allow the required traffic/ports?  (Do a Search for SX20 Standalone in these forums and you'll get plenty of examples).

Note: a lot of the addresses in that post are old and no longer exist.  Try one of these instead:

loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net
0262463194@csiro.au
111@199.48.152.152

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate,.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne,

My SX20 is configured with public IP and next-hop is ISP i don't have any firewall,How i can dial these below, can you guide me, becz what i am doing is i am dialing direct IP address from remote control for ex  212.212.212.212 > dial.

loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net
0262463194@csiro.au
111@199.48.152.152

Try to use prefix. When you dial use a prefix H323: before the address you're dialing.

Example:

H323:loopback@rtp@ciscotac.net

You can also try this IP addresses for loopback testing to make sure your system is working:

regards,

Acevirgil

You can do this using the remote control, see page 5 in the user guide for how to change between numbers, letters and symbols, or you can use the on-screen keyboard, see page 7 in the same user guide.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Dear Acevirgil

Thanks for the reply in my logs attached in first post i have also dialed the 71.14.2.157 but same results, but  i have not tried with a URI H323:loopback@rtp@ciscotac.net ,,is it the loopback ip add is  ( 71.14.2.157) and also i have not tried with 64.102.241.236.

Can anybody test the below URI and confirm to me

H323:loopback@rtp@ciscotac.net

H323:64.102.241.236

Before the SX20 was paired with ISDN Link but now the ISDN link is not connected to SX20 but in the peripherals it is showing me the ISDN link details, why i don't want to unpair becz i wanna keep both URI (IP) dialing and dialing through the ISDN link also, But at present i have disabled everything protocol except H323 but still it is giving me error.

I will try tomorrow and i will update.

Thanks

Because you mention it was one paired with an ISDN Link, try to unpair it while you're doing these test.  Maybe something is still lingering around from that configuration and preventing the call.

You don't need to disable SIP, nor is the h323 prefix needed.

loopback@rtp@ciscotac.net works fine for me using SIP.

Both 71.14.2.157 and 64.102.241.236 works, as expected, fine with H.323.

Think you're going to have rethink not unpairing the ISDN link as whether or not this is the cause of your issue is currently an unknown which needs to be taken out of the quotation.

And, of course, reboot your system; to quote the "IT Crowd": "Have you tried turning if off and then back on again?" :)

/jens

Dear Jens,

No it is not working for me the  Both URI 71.14.2.157 and 64.102.241.236 ,as expected to be worked fine with H.323.

Haven't unpaired the ISDN link which i don't think so is creating an issue.

Need a support experts please help.

To ensure there are no misunderstandings; calling IP addresses 71.14.2.157 and 64.102.241.236 using H.323 works? Yes or No?

Dialling URI loopback@rtp@ciscotac.net using SIP does not work?

Also, after disconnecting the ISDN Link, did you reboot your system?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question((s) as "answered" if applicable.

Dear Jens,

To ensure there are no misunderstandings; calling IP addresses 71.14.2.157 and 64.102.241.236 using H.323 works? Yes or No?

NO

Dialling URI loopback@rtp@ciscotac.net using SIP does not work?

I have disabled SIP i am trying only with H.323

Also, after disconnecting the ISDN Link, did you reboot your system?

yes i restarted multiple times

But see my latest logs of 14th September attached in above post.

Thank

Having the SX20 paired with an ISDNLink should not affect your ability to make H.323 or SIP calls (I have one here configured that way that can dial SIP, H.323 or ISDN).  Make sure you're running a recent software version on the ISDNLink software though (latest version is IL1.1.5) to make sure there's no other contributing issues.

Note: the Loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net address you have put above (and in Ace's post) has too many @ signs in it, hence, if you dial it, it isn't going to work.  Make sure you dial it correctly, as specified in my post, or earlier in this paragraph with only the single @.

If you can dial the "71.14.2.157" style addresses, but not the "loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net" style addresses, have you configured the DNS settings on your endpoint correctly?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne/Jens,

Attached are the new logs, which are after some changes from ISP end.

thanks

Try to clear all parameters configured related to H323 Gatekeeper. Based on your config there's a configuration:

*c xConfiguration H323 Profile 1 Gatekeeper Address: "vc.lntecc.com"

regards,

Acevirgil

Dear Acevirgil,

I tried by removing that as well but no luck