cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Purging An MCU

frank.calderon
Level 1
Level 1

If I purge an MCU from TMS with the intention to re-add it later. How will it affect scheduled conferences in TMS that use the MCU to connect 3 or more endpoints?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you will need to rebuild all conferences where that MCU is the host.  As each system added into TMS receives a unique ID in the database, when you add it back into TMS it will get a different ID and not retain the ID it once had.  So that MCU you purge will appear as "Deleted System" in each conference it was once a host for, unless you go through and add it again, and in the process removing the old deleted MCU.

Why do you want to purge and then add it again?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you purge it from TMS, those conferences will fail as the MCU will not be present in TMS to be used as a scheduling resource. Even if you purge it and intend to add it back at a later date even with the same exact configuration, all conferences would have to be rebuilt to add the MCU again.

Thanks Patrick for the quick response.  Just to be clear, are you saying that if I purge it and then re-add it soon thereafter I would have to re-add the MCU to all my scheduled calls?   Thanks.

Yes, you will need to rebuild all conferences where that MCU is the host.  As each system added into TMS receives a unique ID in the database, when you add it back into TMS it will get a different ID and not retain the ID it once had.  So that MCU you purge will appear as "Deleted System" in each conference it was once a host for, unless you go through and add it again, and in the process removing the old deleted MCU.

Why do you want to purge and then add it again?

Hi.  This is helpful.  We have experienced an alert in the log of scheduled calls that indicates a disconnect of the mcu from TMS.  The calls continue with no performance issues.  However, we opened a ticket with Cisco TAC and they suggested we purge the mcu from TMS to resolve this issue.  I'm glad I reached out to you before we took this action.  Thanks again. - Frank

Patrick,

Your assessment was correct.  Thanks for the help. - Frank