cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Question] is it possbile to use MCU 4501 on 1:1 NAT network?

quake3bak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm a very simple question.

I'm setting MCU 4501 model on private network for connecting to other public IP codec devices.

Without STUN, Turn or VCS devices, it works standalone with H323 and it's private IP is set to 1:1 Public IP.

On this setting, is it possible to other Public IP codec can join the MCU 4501 session?

I think signalling would be well accpeted, but media data cannot be accepted because, IP address in payload would be missmatching.

Does anyone know about this? or can I use some free public STUN, TURN server on H323 Direct mode? or make it by my self?

I have no senior Engineer and I have to learn about this, everyone ask me when they stuck on setting.

this site is the last hope for me, and I'm sorry for imconvient reading, it's not my mother language.

thanks you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For H.323, media port IP address negotiate during the call setup not using IP header address.

If your firewall support H.323 AGL, firewall handle NAT conversion for both IP header and H.323 signal.

However for MCU, you might want to consider Firewall option on MCU if looking for private/public dual network connection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For H.323, media port IP address negotiate during the call setup not using IP header address.

If your firewall support H.323 AGL, firewall handle NAT conversion for both IP header and H.323 signal.

However for MCU, you might want to consider Firewall option on MCU if looking for private/public dual network connection.

Well... I solved this problem with applying H323 ALG option on Firewall.

but your answer is also the right answer, but the issue which we have to consider the cost of license still remains.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: