Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick Question: TelePresence C20 config

james.whistler
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

Just a quick config question on the Cisco TelePresence C20. At the top of the display at all times is a white bar that shows the IP address, and in the upper right corner there are icons showing a clock and date display as well. Can these items be hidden from the screen? We don't need them, and they interfere with our screen displays when we hook laptops up to the unit.

I checked the manual and did some searching online, but couldn't find an answer. I'm hoping this is just an easy setting somewhere that I missed? Any help would be appreciated!

7 Replies 7

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi James,

Normally when you share the presentation widget does not comes on the screen.

few details required.

software version on the codec ?

monitor: single or dual ?

there was a known issue earlier on software version TC4.1.X however that was fixed after the TC 4.2 release.

if you are running on a older version then you need to simply upgrade.

hope that helps

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for the quick response.

The software version we are running is TC4.2.1.265253

The unit is hooked up to a single TV. When we plug in a laptop we usually set it to dual screen with the TV as the clone, but the "IP" bar at the top and the clock and date icons are there on the TV both in this setup and if we change it to use the TV as the single display for the laptop.

Thoughts?

Hi James,

To get more clearity on this issue, you are connecting two displays on your C20 and changing monitor role to dual

in this configuration, you see clocks and IP bar over your presentation.

Hi Amit,

That's not technically correct. The IP bar and clock are ALWAYS there, even with no laptop plugged in, and the TV the only device connected to the C20. It's not just a problem when we hook the laptops in. I'm trying to find out how to stop showing those screen overlays entirely.

Hi James,

Does this bar and clock stays on screen even when you are on call ? if yes

i request you to upgrade the codec on a higher version preferably any version on TC 5.1.6

and if do not want to move on the higher version go ahead and upgrade to the lates on TC4 .x train  i.e TC4.2.4

the bar will be shown always till the time you are not on a call or sharing presenation .

this could be an alternative way if that suits you

1) Please login to the web interface of the codec.

2. Please go to Advanced Configuration>>Output>>HDMI>>OverscanLevel

3. Please change the overscanlevel to High and save . The video will shrink to the middle    of the screen.

4. Please change the overscanlevel to None as it was before and save. The video will come back to normal.

5. Now please check if you still get the widgets and the Cisco header any more or not.

Thanks

Ravi kr.

Alternative procedure to remove the banner :
1) Please login to the web interface of the codec.
2.       Please go to Advanced Configuration>>Output>>HDMI>>OverscanLevel
3.       Please change the overscanlevel to High and save . The video will shrink to the middle of the screen.
4.       Please change the overscanlevel to None as it was before and save. The video will come back to normal.
5.       Now please check if you still get the widgets and the Cisco header any more or not.

this issue was reolved in TC 5.0 or later.

Bug : CSCtw51205

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

james.whistler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give the overscan option a try for now and see if that makes a difference. I'll need to check with our IT guy to see if we can do a firmware upgrade to one of the newer versions... I don't think I can do that one without getting permission first.

I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again.