cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random calls coming in to Cisco TelePresence SX80.

bc.hatchett1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a continuing problem with numerous unknown calls coming into a newly deployed Cisco SX80. An example of the address that we are receiving these calls from is 1986@129.59.250.18. I have no idea what the 1986 part of the address is, but the 129.59 address is the IP address of the codec. I am a bit of a neophyte in the VTC world, so I am at a loss on how to stop the calls. Auto answer has been disabled in the mean time just so the unit can be used.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I presume the system is using a public rechable IP address?  If it is using a public IP, you should put it behind your firewall using NAT, or only allow traffic from known IP addresses.  If you're not using SIP you can turn it off completely, however if you are, you can turn off SIP ListenPort and enable SIP Outbound as well to help prevent these calls, see bug CSCue55239.  There are some form of these calls that will show up as coming from "cisco", the only way to prevent these is to put the endpoint behind your firewall and utilize NAT or an ACL.

You can also look here for a bit more information, anyone-know-why-edge-95-mxp-will-call-itself, as well as other related threads in the forums related to these types of calls.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I presume the system is using a public rechable IP address?  If it is using a public IP, you should put it behind your firewall using NAT, or only allow traffic from known IP addresses.  If you're not using SIP you can turn it off completely, however if you are, you can turn off SIP ListenPort and enable SIP Outbound as well to help prevent these calls, see bug CSCue55239.  There are some form of these calls that will show up as coming from "cisco", the only way to prevent these is to put the endpoint behind your firewall and utilize NAT or an ACL.

You can also look here for a bit more information, anyone-know-why-edge-95-mxp-will-call-itself, as well as other related threads in the forums related to these types of calls.

Thanks Patrick, we are working with on Security team to have this placed behind the firewall now. Also going to give the bug fix option a try.