Views
Helpful
Replies

recording

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have recently acquired a DX650, DX80, MX300 and MX700 for our meeting rooms and noticed that we are unable to record the MX300 and MX700 devices using active recording methods.

The DX650 and DX80 devices have the options and ability to record actively.

Has anyone come across this or has a resolution to record the MX300/700 devices without the use of MediaSense?

Thanks,

Ed

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "record actively" and what product are you doing the recording with for the DX endpoints?

Thanks for responding guys,

Wayne, It is a necessity to record Audio from all phone devices, Video would be a bonus. We'll have a look at Content Server, but I'm guessing it is going to be extra cost that wasn't budgeted.

Jonathan, The DX endpoint and all other cisco handset are being recorded using Carin by TC&C. Very happy with the solution, but they do this by activating the recording profile in CUCM and creating a SIP trunk. Very straight forward, but options the Cisco seemed to omitted from the MX300/700 devices, purposefully, in order to push customer to purchase an additional product.

Thanks,

Ed

If you're using a third party product (Carin by TC&C) to do your recording, have you approached the vendor of that product to see if they are able to assist you with why you can't get it to work with the MX endpoints?  They'd be the best people to talk to about what their product is or isn't capable of, and could advise you of any version mismatches you may or may not have.  The data sheet that I just had a quick look at on their web site suggests it should work with any SIP device.

I guess one other thing you could check is that encryption was disabled on your endpoints - if the call is encrypted, the capture software may not be able to decode the stream which could be the source of your issue. 

xConfiguration Conference 1 Encryption Mode: Off

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate response and to mark your question as answered if appropriate,

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It all depends on what you mean by "record", are you talking just the audio, or do you want the video as well?  I'd suggest you look at the TelePresence Content Server which is the product that is designed to perform the full recording function.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I would like to record on the MX700 webinars that can be viewed later. Is that possible?

If you're looking to record video conferences, your options are:

• Cisco Meeting Server
  • WebEx Meeting Center
  • Vbrick Rev
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: