Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering cisco Spark Board with VCS control

Hello Team,

We are planning to buy cisco spark board (webex Board),and is there any possibility to register with existing VCS and VCSE (SIP Gatekeeper registration) to make the B2B calls.

Thanks in Advance

Renji Joy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Robert,

Yes, Spark Board 55 and 70 both you can only register with WebEx cloud.

For now there is no possibility to register it with On-Prem (CUCM or VCS).

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Sorry, but no. The Spark (Webex) Board is cloud registered only. I don't believe there are any plans to change that in the future. 

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Thats right! both 55 and 70 inch Spark boards are running with Cisco WebEx board OS and provisioned by WebEx in the cloud. No measures of integrating with ExpressWays 

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks for information Ratheesh,

Just want to verify if same applies for CUCM? So in other words Spark Board 55 won't work with CUCM?

Robert

Hi Robert,

Yes, Spark Board 55 and 70 both you can only register with WebEx cloud.

For now there is no possibility to register it with On-Prem (CUCM or VCS).

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful.

Why?  This would be a great addition to our Cisco Meeting Server environment.  Webex room kits work fine with expressway registration.

The Webex Board (previously known as the Spark Board) was only ever designed to work as a Cloud registered endpoint.  The Webex Board runs a different version of code on it to make it work than what is used on the Webex Room Kit devices which are able to be registered on-prem.

At this stage, as the Webex board and Webex Room Kit devices run different code, they have their own peculiarities as to how they can be used.   This may change in the future, but right now, the Webex Board cannot be registered on-prem and needs to be cloud registered.   If your on-prem environment is configured correctly though to allow connectivity to the internet, there is no reason why the Webex Board cannot be connected in to a CMS hosted meeting as an external SIP endpoint.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the information.  Yes, we can tie into Webex from the expressways.  This is on my list for later on this year.  However, I like the look of the Webex Board.  I may need to get my hands on one sooner rather than later.